• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney Senior Dubbing Manager: Heavenly Delusion Anime to Get Simulcast in U.S.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I’ll give Disney props for learning and actually putting in the effort to simulcasts their anime’s, Netflix should learn from their example.
Nodz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
I’ll give Disney props for learning and actually putting in the effort to simulcasts their anime’s, Netflix should learn from their example.

Isn't Netflix simulcasting Vinland Saga season 2?
el_morris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:26 pm Reply with quote
What about the rest of the world? On some places, like latin america, we watch anime too.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:

Yea and that’s most likely because Crunchyroll is also simulcasting it.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want. Though, what 'kind' of simulcast do they mean though. Simulcast for us means same day, but sometimes they fudge it to be like a week or something

Nodz wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:

That's with the huge asterisk of "because Crunchyroll also simulcasts it"
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:41 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want.

It's not like this is thevfirst time something they've licensed was simulcast. Bleach TYBW and Tokyo Revengers s2 both simulcasted the past 2 seasons.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
What about the rest of the world? On some places, like latin america, we watch anime too.

Reuben Lack replied on twitter that it would be a global simulcast, with US on Hulu and Latam on Star+.
garfield15 wrote:
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want. Though, what 'kind' of simulcast do they mean though. Simulcast for us means same day, but sometimes they fudge it to be like a week or something

Or like in the case of Tokyo Revengers where on Hulu the subtitles are really botched. Included sound effects as if it were a dub closed caption, and had numerous timing issues.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:59 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want.

It's not like this is thevfirst time something they've licensed was simulcast. Bleach TYBW and Tokyo Revengers s2 both simulcasted the past 2 seasons.

I'm aware but aren't those different situations? I'm not sure about Tokyo Revengers but in Bleach's case, it's because Viz has the actual license for it, they just gave the streaming distribution to Disney
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:04 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. I wonder if any of the content is going to be censored or edited since Disney is the distributor. It's probably the most "r rated" of the stuff they've aired, and summer time render was censored.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:26 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
This is good news. I wonder if any of the content is going to be censored or edited since Disney is the distributor. It's probably the most "r rated" of the stuff they've aired, and summer time render was censored.

Summer time render was censored? This is the first I’m hearing about this because I heard that everywhere where Disney released it it was uncensored.
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
09jcg wrote:

Summer time render was censored? This is the first I’m hearing about this because I heard that everywhere where Disney released it it was uncensored.
The manga had nudity that was removed from the anime. Heavenly Delusions has that and more, so I'm curious if that's not going to be included
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
09jcg wrote:

It had nudity that was censored
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
09jcg wrote:

It had nudity that was censored

Was it censored on Japanese tv as well? Or just Disney globally?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:24 pm Reply with quote
What about the second season of Edens Zero?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:35 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:

Yea and that’s most likely because Crunchyroll is also simulcasting it.
Netflix also did a simulcast of Uncle From Another World and Komi Can't Communicate and neither of those were on Netflfix. The only shows I'm aware of they still seem to release as binge watch shows are those that are actually produced for Netflix and not Japanese broadcast and Jojo's. I'll be interested to see if they simulcast Shaman King Flowers since the reboot was released before they started doing simulcasts for newer shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2