• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Life-Size Grendizer in Saudi Arabia Unveiled as World's Largest Metal Statue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Millennia from now, when aliens or our survivors go digging through the layers of sediment, I wonder what they'll make of the sudden outburst of humans erecting giant robot statues around the world. Smile
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:09 pm Reply with quote
"...has been acknowledged by the Guinness World Records as the world's largest metal sculpture of a fictional character."

That last bit opens the possibility of there being a larger metal sculpture of a non-fictional person, but doesn't confirm it. If such do exist (and a quick Wikipedia journey indicates such is likely the case), it would make the article title inaccurate as it omits the qualifier.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:02 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
"...has been acknowledged by the Guinness World Records as the world's largest metal sculpture of a fictional character."

That last bit opens the possibility of there being a larger metal sculpture of a non-fictional person, but doesn't confirm it. If such do exist (and a quick Wikipedia journey indicates such is likely the case), it would make the article title inaccurate as it omits the qualifier.

There's a 120 meter tall bronze statue of Buddha in Ushiku, Ibaraki, Japan and that isn't even the tallest.
#Satou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:39 pm Reply with quote
No human right controversy here because is not china.
Maybe finally differentiate and try not to selectively politicize only when it suits you, the best content born when people ignore that just like Dragon ball and all others that came thanks to Jackie chan
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Millennia from now, when aliens or our survivors go digging through the layers of sediment, I wonder what they'll make of the sudden outburst of humans erecting giant robot statues around the world. Smile

Hopefully, that giant robots are cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1