• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heat the Pig Liver Isekai Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma55

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:44 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
YROSHIKU wrote:
what a [expletive] shocker, another generic vn gets an anime adaptation.

I was gonna say that the premise, at least, sounds anything but generic. Except, well, if you leave out the part where he turns into a pig, this is a perfectly standard "boy dies, reincarnates in fantasy world with waifu." And most of the trailer seems to be him--the pig--trying to look up her skirt. So... yeah.

Honestly feels like a "The Producers" situation, where something made as a joke, intended to go nowhere, somehow became successful. Like, obviously in an oversaturated genre you've gotta do something to stand out, but turning into a literal pig isn't most people's ideal fantasy... or is it?

I have not read the series myself, but from what I have heard this series is not quite what it appears to be. Anyone thinking it looks generic may actually wanna keep their eye on it. Don't wanna say anything more though because it feels like spoiler territory.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:35 pm Reply with quote
lucio542 wrote:
sirdano1 wrote:
lucio542 wrote:
And this is a first isekai about an humam turning in a animal receiving an anime? (really don't know) so i am curious how it will be.

"Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?/So I'm a Spider, So What?" already has an anime, so it's not the first.

How in the f*ck did i forgot this hahaha....but welp, atleast there isn't many, there is tensei slime but he is always in human form and welp slime isn't exactly an animal, but my bad for forgetting them.

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? 's hook,twist,on the genre, makes it not an example of a MC reincarnating into a animal/monster or what not...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2