• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo of America Closes Offices in California, Toronto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:37 am Reply with quote
Will they still produce games?
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:08 am Reply with quote
Before people come in here to comment how bad Nintendo is doing because they closed this office, because they only read the title and not the article itself this office building was mostly for their marketing and advertisements
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
Dragon_Kaiser wrote:
Before people come in here to comment how bad Nintendo is doing because they closed this office, because they only read the title and not the article itself this office building was mostly for their marketing and advertisements

It seems that everytime something negative is associated with Nintendo (like the chip shortage which is affecting the Switch) many people are ready to bring the Nintendo is doomed meme or something like that. Now, Nintendo's reputation has taken a hit the last few weeks with how bad their new Online service is, especially regarding the emulation of N64 games, so people are are really angry at them right now, though considering the price of the service the complaints are more justified.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
Nintendo's reputation has taken a hit the last few weeks with how bad their new Online service is, especially regarding the emulation of N64 games, so people are are really angry at them right now, though considering the price of the service the complaints are more justified.

The price in all honesty is not that bad it’s basically an optional $30 increase to access N64, Sega and ACNH dlc, which breaks down to $10 for each addition which was pretty much the same thing with the base tier $10 for Nes and $10 SNES games. But the fact it’s bad emulation makes it not worth the $50 unless they fix it. And in all honesty I think I prefer this than Nintendo charging each game individually for $20 because that’s honestly something they would do. Nintendos reputation is fine this did nothing to it all, the outrage we’re seeing is like the outrage we saw with Pokémon Sword and Shield the games “doomed to fail” because cutting the Pokédex in half they’ve sold more than 22 million copies one of the best selling Pokémon games. It’s pretty much less than 10% of the small niche of hardcore players who are being the loudest because the 90% of the casual players honestly don’t really care and aren’t using Twitter or YouTube to complain about video games because they have other priorities. Because let’s be real little eight year old Timmy and Sara who have a switch aren’t complaining about bad emulation neither are their parents who upgraded to this new plan. They’re not complaining about input lag, frame drops or texture rendering they just see hey I more games for the kids to play and I can play all these old games I played as a kid with my kid too then that’s worth the $50 to them.
Artemis X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Wait correct me if im wrong but is this building housed in california that is responsibile for syndication of overseas's distrubition with the ethical department that handles censorship of games coming over to the west. Because if that is the case, then I am glad this damn place closed because they ruined so many properties and made it extremly hard to get some games even accepted over here with out completly changing or altering a piece of work that even the creators them selfs of some game companies voiced there absolute disdain in destroying their projects.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1