• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed episode 3, especially because I love the path Triela's development takes. I also find that now the art doesn't really bother me much. The only exception seems to be the girls themselves, because they still look a bit off to me (though I think Aurora looks fine).

I also tried to notice the music more and I really liked what they were playing in the first scene. But overall I really don't notice it, which is a shame since I remember re-watching a scene in the first season just because of the music spoiler[(the scene where Claes slaps Angelica)].

And the fight scene was pretty much the exact same as it was in the manga, except for the whole movement part (which I like because it means I can follow it easier...I've never really been a fan of manga fight scenes).
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quote
Isn't it true that, for the DVD release, animation and/or audio issues are corrected? If so, could it be possible that the "shaky camera" issue, that some people have mentioned, be corrected?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Isn't it true that, for the DVD release, animation and/or audio issues are corrected? If so, could it be possible that the "shaky camera" issue, that some people have mentioned, be corrected?

Sometimes, but not always. There is no way to know if they will fix anything up for the DVD release unless the studio or franchise has a history of doing it, then you can be fairly certain (like, say, Nanoha). But in this case, I wouldn't expect too much of an improvement. Besides, the shaky camera aspect was clearly an intentional artistic touch, so that part wouldn't be changed. And that's really the least of Il Teatrino's problems.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I quite enjoyed episode 3, especially because I love the path Triela's development takes. I also find that now the art doesn't really bother me much. The only exception seems to be the girls themselves, because they still look a bit off to me (though I think Aurora looks fine).

I also tried to notice the music more and I really liked what they were playing in the first scene. But overall I really don't notice it, which is a shame since I remember re-watching a scene in the first season just because of the music spoiler[(the scene where Claes slaps Angelica)].

And the fight scene was pretty much the exact same as it was in the manga, except for the whole movement part (which I like because it means I can follow it easier...I've never really been a fan of manga fight scenes).

I know what you mean about rewatching some scenes from Gunslinger Girl multiple times for the music. I absolutely love the music in this scene from the first episode.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I tried to watch the first episode, but I quit about 10 minutes in. I just couldn't take it anymore. I loved the first season, but the change in the art style was just too jarring for me. Not the mention the inferior animation and music. I'm definitely dropping this one, I'm sorry to say.

That now makes two disappointing sequels that I've dropped (Shana II being the other). I really hope that Geass R2 doesn't turn out the same way .... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
I tried to watch the first episode, but I quit about 10 minutes in. I just couldn't take it anymore. I loved the first season, but the change in the art style was just too jarring for me. Not the mention the inferior animation and music. I'm definitely dropping this one, I'm sorry to say.

Are you sure you want to do that after only 10min. viewing?

The only reason I ask is because of my own personal experience. If I had made that decision while watching the first episode of Trigun, I would have missed out on what turned out to be one of my all time favorites. I mean, the first episode is very silly. Luckily, I had seen a couple of the middle episodes on AS, so I knew it was going to be better. Unfortunately, I know you don't have that benefit in this case.

As a fellow GSG fan, may I make a suggestion? When Il Teatrino is licensed(come on,Funi!), maybe you could rent the first couple of volumes and really give it a try? From what I understand, the story arc that is to take place is exceptional, and I am really looking forward to it.

Just some friendly, unsolicited advice. Ultimately, the decision is yours of course. Smile
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
I made it to 10:12 seconds on the first episode. I will buy the show when they get it, but it looks horrible. If only to have season 2.

If I haven't seen GSG S1 i'd never have known that the two were related.

The seriousness each scene had in the first GSG is gone completely.

I hope Japan follows up and has a better company redo this. Obviously the company doing this work is no where as talented.

For now, I guess i'm going to have to jump on that manga. Is that still being put out by ADV?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I made it to 10:12 seconds on the first episode. I will buy the show when they get it, but it looks horrible. If only to have season 2.

I hope Japan follows up and has a better company redo this. Obviously the company doing this work is no where as talented.

For now, I guess i'm going to have to jump on that manga. Is that still being put out by ADV?

The company doing this version also did Mushi-shi so chances are they do have the talent...just not the same style as the original group.

The manga though is probably your best bet, I'll buy this regardless but the story for the upcoming few eps is really quite good (though I suspect the series will end before the bring Petrushka in, 13 eps for this season yes? Adding in a whole new major character after the Pinnochio arc in that few eps could be...unwieldy).
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

The company doing this version also did Mushi-shi so chances are they do have the talent...just not the same style as the original group.

The manga though is probably your best bet, I'll buy this regardless but the story for the upcoming few eps is really quite good (though I suspect the series will end before the bring Petrushka in, 13 eps for this season yes? Adding in a whole new major character after the Pinnochio arc in that few eps could be...unwieldy).

I haven't seen Mushi-shi. I didn't realize I was so angry until i re-read that post.

Lol, I don't care about moe or whatever, but seeing that in a show with a little girl who's a killer kind of threw me for a loop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote
After seeing ep 4, I do think that the new season is dealing with spoiler[Angelica's not being dead thing] about as well as they could. I disagree that they should have spoiler[written Angelica out] because I think she's just as important a character as Henrietta or Rico (though I have to say, I do love that the focus is shifting to Triela in the latest stuff, because she was always my favourite).

It's been interesting watching this season, because this time I've read the manga first and so I can see how things are animated. Parts of the latest episode felt a bit jammed together, but that's true of the manga as well in many places.

I also am looking forward to seeing more attention on Giuseppe/Jose. I am very excited to learn more about his backstory (and Jean's, of course, seeing as they are brothers and all).
8JF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
After watching yet another terrible action scene in episode 4 this series is going to be frustrating to watch. The story is probably going to be good but the very instant they start to fight I can't stand to watch.
I can (barely) put up with the new character designs, pointless blushing the girls and excessive use of the camera panning yet I like the new opening.

Now maybe it's just me, spoiler[but does Angelica now look like the youngest of the girls? She looks to be half the size of Rico in episode 4.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I also am looking forward to seeing more attention on Giuseppe/Jose. I am very excited to learn more about his backstory (and Jean's, of course, seeing as they are brothers and all).

Speaking o,f why did they change his name for the anime incarnations? Was there ever an explanation given for it? Confused
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote
8JF wrote:
Now maybe it's just me, spoiler[but does Angelica now look like the youngest of the girls? She looks to be half the size of Rico in episode 4.]

She's always looked like the youngest to me, in the original season and Il Teatrino.

And for the Jose/Guiseppe name thing, both the translation in the anime and the manga are correct, apparently. I was looking this up today and both are forms of the name Joseph.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
When did Angelica die in Season 1? Everyone keeps saying that htey just threw her back in the mix... but she never died. She just messed up on a mission. Time passed and now she's back in the field.

You were expecting them to execute her or something? Based off of what? Certainly not the manga (because its 100% the same as the how the show handled it) and certainly not the anime.

Episode 4 was a good one to me. The animation isn't the best, but its nowhere near as bad as anyone makes it out. Reading this you'd think it was South Park or something. I actually don't mind the music. Some of it is mediocre (mediocre at worst) but some of it is good.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
When did Angelica die in Season 1? Everyone keeps saying that htey just threw her back in the mix... but she never died. She just messed up on a mission. Time passed and now she's back in the field.

spoiler[She died in the first season. She shot her "brother" and then shot herself in the eye when she realized that he doesn't care about her the way she cares about him.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9