• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Voice Actor Chris Thurman Admits to Sending Nude Photos to Minor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 am Reply with quote
"serial d*ck pic sender"

wow, we hit rock bottom.
TexZero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:43 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
"serial d*ck pic sender"

wow, we hit rock bottom.

No, it's still 2020. It can get much worse.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am Reply with quote
Forgive me for stating the obvious but isn't this literally a crime he should be charged with? Sending obscene photos to a minor?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:57 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Forgive me for stating the obvious but isn't this literally a crime he should be charged with? Sending obscene photos to a minor?

He'll get arrested eventually. Hell, this article may actually aid in said arrest!
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

He'll get arrested eventually. Hell, this article may actually aid in said arrest!

No great loss then. Let him pay the consequences of his actions.
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:32 am Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
ReNellGlover wrote:
So, how's Toonami gonna handle the shows he's been on? For example, he was on Assassination Classroom, so they might as well remove it from the lineup.

Ah yes, Toonami is totally going to remove an entire series because a man who voiced uncredited background crowd members turned out to be a sexually-offending piece of shit. Seriously, how is this where someone's mind goes after reading this kind of article?

Hey, when someone admits to this kind of stuff, or gets accused of it, they get cancelled almost immediately. That's just how it is these days.

None of the shows that even Scott Freeman was in were pulled from anywhere. Try again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
El Hermano

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
Hey, when someone admits to this kind of stuff, or gets accused of it, they get cancelled almost immediately. That's just how it is these days.

The actor may get cancelled, but not the show they're involved with. The main exception is when they're the creator of said show like Bill Cosby was for The Cosby Show and the other properties he created. Non-power holding actors can easily be replaced, written out, or just ignored.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am Reply with quote
Toonami still airs Jojos reruns which Vic was in that dub as a main character. They’re not going to pull a dub of a show that was done years ago where this guy was only in uncredited background roles. Maybe they should fire the guy before worrying about cartoons?
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 am Reply with quote
Why am I seeing people on Twitter claiming that “Funimation harbored a pedophile but fired Vic” when no one at Funimation even knows what their actors do outside of work.
Aresef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:45 am Reply with quote
Chase creeps like him and Vic the hell out of this industry and this community.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Why am I seeing people on Twitter claiming that “Funimation harbored a pedophile but fired Vic” when no one at Funimation even knows what their actors do outside of work.
Because none of those people actually care about these important issues.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
Oh man, they'd better not have to recast Male Soldier 1A in any possible Kemono Michi sequel, or I'll be so mad. No doubt my favorite anti-industry outrage merchants on YouTube are already selling "#IStandWithChris" mugs and t-shirts as we speak to righteously combat this gross injustice!

theNightster wrote:

Conspiratorial thinking against Funimation always draws those sweet clicks, subscribes, retweets, and donations from the masses who already hate Funi and want to justify boycotting pirating their products.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm Reply with quote
1) Guy needs to leave the industry and face the consequences.

2) Glad I'm not the only one that thought, "Who are you?"
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

Takkun4343 wrote:

The screenshots and him admitting they are real probably aren't enough for him to get arrested.

A couple things will have to happen for him to get arrested:

1 - The appropriate LE agency (FBI ?) would have to take notice. This could happen if someone files a complaint.
2 - They would have to find at least one minor in question so they have proof that the alleged victim was actually a minor (unless they can get him on something like "intent.") (The more recent screenshots are from 2 years ago, so probably still within the statute of limitations, but the ones from 3 years ago might be on the limit? (I have no idea what the statute is))
3 - It would have to be within whatever the statute of limitations for that kind of act is.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Oh man, they'd better not have to recast Male Soldier 1A in any possible Kemono Michi sequel, or I'll be so mad. No doubt my favorite anti-industry outrage merchants on YouTube are already selling "#IStandWithChris" mugs and t-shirts as we speak to righteously combat this gross injustice!

theNightster wrote:

Conspiratorial thinking against Funimation always draws those sweet clicks, subscribes, retweets, and donations from the masses who already hate Funi and want to justify boycotting pirating their products.

Pretty much. Here we have someone who admits it is true, says he accepts the consequences, and also says not to blame anyone else because they couldn't have known. In that regard, it's basically the total opposite situation. But a "Funimation bad" narrative gets more attention than an almost totally unknown actor admitting he did something wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4