• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga Reportedly Restarting in March

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
SDS-YukiChan wrote:
DarkeSword wrote:
He and Yukiru Sugisaki should team up for a series.

Wink

"Lol, I feel like taking a break, you can do it for now."

I'm happy it's starting again, I just hope he either continues writing for a while, or finishes it up soon.

Why does the terrifyingly intriguing thought of Sugisaki drawing Hunter X Hunter or Togashi drawing D.N.Angel makes my body want to split in half and run in opposite directions?

Last edited by Egan Loo on Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Well my friend will be fangirling tomorrow about this. Doesn't really affect me though because I'm just following Viz's releases for this one.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. I'm also only following the official release, but if this had kept up for much longer, they would have caught up, like with FMA, and we'd be waiting 3-4 months or more between volume releases. Add that on top of putting Bleach into their accursed magazine and slowing the manga release to every 3 months, and Viz would be sending some serious pain my way...
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:53 am Reply with quote
Oh, just let Nanoko draw the damn thing already!
DarkeSword

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
SDS-YukiChan wrote:
DarkeSword wrote:
He and Yukiru Sugisaki should team up for a series.

Wink

"Lol, I feel like taking a break, you can do it for now."

I'm happy it's starting again, I just hope he either continues writing for a while, or finishes it up soon.

Why does the terrifyingly intriguing thought of Sugisaki drawing Hunter X Hunter or Togashi drawing D.N.Angel makes my body want to split in half and run in opposite directions?

I am strangely curious as to what they would look like. xD
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Jump needs to cut him off. Really, his comic isn't worth the hype anymore.
tebalith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quote
Jump won't cut a successful manga. The fans support Togashi, the tankoubon sell very well, so the series stays.

I know we're all a bit jaded and it's not the 'in' thing to still love your old favourites, but seriously, there are other Jump series who don't live up to themselves anymore. HxH is not one of them.

I don't get at all why some commenters here are acting frustrated with Togashi now. Just give the story to someone else? Huh? Maybe a year ago it would have made sense to demand this, but now that it's pretty damn clear that Togashi is still determined to draw the story?

There are worse mangaka out there. Since we are speaking of Yukiro Sugisaki: D.N.Angel started eleven years ago and has eleven volumes out (some volumes only amount to volume-size because of the bonus stories). Hunter X Hunter started ten years ago and has 24 volumes out. And HxH is superiour in any aspect, too, especially when it comes to story or characters.
Don't equate them.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
But Asuka's a monthly while WSJ is, of course, weekly
tebalith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I didn't know this. No surprise, since I don't normally read anything from this magazine...
But I don't think I'm mistaken when I say that more stuff happens in five volumes of Hunter X Hunter than happens in the entire series of D.N.Angel. The latter got very repetitive and anticlimactic. It's the same five or six characters again and again in the same situations, facing the same problems, almost-but-never-quite approaching the same twists or turns or reveals, which never happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2