• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sonic the Hedgehog Creator 'Shocked' by Leaked Movie Designs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Hedgehogs don't have fur. He looks like damn bear.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:47 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

I never said that by having the original creator involved would solve everything and prevent any issues it could possibly have. Besides, the main problem with the 2016 Berserk anime was the CG, and it's not like Miura could've done anything about that. And I'm sure having him there did more good than harm (if any). It couldn't hurt to have the original creator's there to give an opinion. And it's not like they would have to do everything the original creator suggests either.

Then what's the point of having their input then?

jdnation wrote:
Should've just put out a CG cartoon.

Just like Sonic Boom and with Sonic fanboys being apart of the same contingent of anime fans that whines about CG cartoons because they're not like tradition animation that would lead to some interesting feedback.

Northlander wrote:

Whether it did, I don't know,

It did it made 14 million off of 30 million budget.

#873796 wrote:
Hedgehogs don't have fur.

They also aren't bipedal, wear sneakers that let them run fast, eat chili dogs, or talk.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AutoOps007 wrote:

I never said that by having the original creator involved would solve everything and prevent any issues it could possibly have. Besides, the main problem with the 2016 Berserk anime was the CG, and it's not like Miura could've done anything about that. And I'm sure having him there did more good than harm (if any). It couldn't hurt to have the original creator's there to give an opinion. And it's not like they would have to do everything the original creator suggests either.

Then what's the point of having their input then?

Just so they can give their opinions and suggestions. I'm not saying they should mindlessly do everything they say or ignore everything they say for no reason. I'm saying have them there, and keep what they say in mind, and do what they suggest if it reasonable. Way to entirely miss the point...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

Just so they can give their opinions and suggestions. I'm not saying they should mindlessly do everything they say or ignore everything they say for no reason. I'm saying have them there, and keep what they say in mind, and do what they suggest if it reasonable. Way to entirely miss the point...

I didn't miss the point I just don't see the logic in listening to the original creator of a work when adapting their work when such a thing is not mandatory or required to turn out a good adaptation of something,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3