• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: After War Gundam X Character Designer Disputes Series' Cancellation Status

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:
Otherwise known as "Canceled."

Its a low tier Gundam indeed. It isn't that it is bad, but essentially fails to stand out. Victory and Wing, X's contemporaries, when it jumped the shark you could enjoy trashing the aspects that went bad.

X? it manages.

I myself am not really a fan of Victory, so actually I rank Gundam X higher than Victory. I don't know, Victory is too depressing and kill happy and Tomino's attitude about the whole thing seeps off of it. Also parts of it are ridiculous. I would definitely rank Wing higher than X though.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
The only one who did get it in the show was Treize. Which I guess is fitting since he was the primary antagonist.

Which he was until he was effectively pushed out of his position as the leader of Oz which is why by the end he basically felt like he was there for the sake of the writers tieing up a practical loose end to the point he winds up dueling Wu-Fei again..
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:
The only one who did get it in the show was Treize. Which I guess is fitting since he was the primary antagonist.

Which he was until he was effectively pushed out of his position as the leader of Oz which is why by the end he basically felt like he was there for the sake of the writers tieing up a practical loose end to the point he winds up dueling Wu-Fei again..

I just remember Wing let everyone else live or go on but Treize, in fact it was odd that Zechs lived past the show though it was rather unclear at the end of the TV show him being alive or not though Endless Waltz confirmed it. Even despite him doing the whole Char's Counterattack thing he managed to walk away from it, though he acts like he's basically a ghost in Endless Waltz.
And speaking of antagonists that basically walk away alive, Wu-Fei becomes one as well.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:

And speaking of antagonists that are basically walk away alive, Wu-Fei becomes one as well.

Well sure if you consider his weird face heel turn in Endless Waltz to be canon.......like the entirety of the film.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Well sure if you consider his weird face heel turn in Endless Waltz to be canon.......like the entirety of the film.

Uhm, Endless Waltz IS canon. And it doesn't really matter. He ended the TV show as a face. Turned heel at the beginning of Waltz but ended as a face anyways.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:

And speaking of antagonists that basically walk away alive, Wu-Fei becomes one as well.

I consider Endless Waltz canon, because it is canon. Now Gundam 00's movie on the other hand, I wish wasn't canon.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Uhm, Endless Waltz IS canon.

Didn't say it wasn't....even if it pulled things out it's ass like the gundam's redesigns and Treize suddenly having a daughter who was never referenced or seen until now. And of course it's existence in itself being largely unnecessary.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

Uhm, Endless Waltz IS canon.

Didn't say it wasn't....even if it pulled things out it's ass like the gundam's redesigns and Treize suddenly having a daughter who was never referenced or seen until now. And of course it's existence in itself being largely unnecessary.

Knowing Treize he didn't even know he had that freaking child, or he had her squirreled away somewhere at a boarding school or something.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:

Knowing Treize he didn't even know he had that freaking child, or he had her squirreled away somewhere at a boarding school or something.

It's kind of funny though in the canon almost every male character but Treize practically gets paired up with a female whereas outside of the canon seemingly every male character but apparently Treize gets paired up with each other (that or I haven't see enough suspect looking art work with Treize and Zech's in awkward looking positions like with Heero and Duo) .
Lionel Horsepackage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to pick this up probably in 2018, when RightStuf will be allowed to release a North American BD set once the Japanese anti-"reverse importation" window closes.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:36 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:

It's kind of funny though in the canon almost every male character but Treize practically gets paired up with a female whereas outside of the canon seemingly every male character but apparently Treize gets paired up with each other (that or I haven't see enough suspect looking art work with Treize and Zech's in awkward looking positions like with Heero and Duo) .

Apparently Treize had Mariemaia with Leia Barton, though she died of illness. A lot of this is covered in the Episode Zero manga apparently. So I guess he did know he just had her squirreled away somewhere away from him for all of Wing til he died.

And even then there's also the fact that Mariemaia in Endless Waltz spoiler[ could not be his kid at all and just Dekim Barton playing dress up on a random little girl he picked up off the street.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2