• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Castlevania producer Adi Shankar

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:39 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
The first season is definitely good viewing! Definitely eager for the second! Very Happy
marshalbanana wrote:
Oh so that is why the animation is very stilted in a lot of scenes, could you not of taken the beautiful watercolour backgrounds instead?

What are you? His supervisor?
I was sent by the publisher to keep an eye on him and make sure everything was on track.
Guile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Panoptican wrote:
Everyone who helped make the Castlevania Netflix series should be applauded for making a video game adaption that doesn't suck. It's crazy how rare that is. Not only does it not suck. It's actually pretty good.

It wasn't a very faithful adaption, though. I'd say it's more Hollywood misunderstanding games.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Adi sounds like a cool guy, but I'm not a huge fan of some of his works, I really strongly disliked the Power/Rangers fanfilm that somehow became overpraised and loved too much (say anything about how you don't like it and be prepared for cyber-bullying and harassment attacks from its rabid fans) even if it was a parody making fun of grimdark reboots. Confused

He's also planning to do an adult animated series of it, but I don't know about that either.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
My question for this show? Why no Norio Wakamoto voicing Dracula in it? Alright then, minor problem I had with the voice acting aside.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2