• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Anime Season 3 to Air in 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
青白 wrote:
In my entire life, I have never cried so uncontrollably from watching anime. Did anybody else feel the same way?

I like the Ymir-Christa dynamic but spoiler[Ymir leaving her to help Reinhart and Bertholdt left me confused. I mean, she provided a rationale for it (she didn't want them going back empty-handed and she feels some sort of gratitude towards them for a reason I don't quite get) but it didn't feel very satisfying to me. I think I would have been more emotionally invested in the decision for Ymir to leave Crista if it involved some sort of sacrifice on Ymir's part that made sense to me].

Of the two Ymir is in reality the very kind one,keep that in mind.
spoiler[Upon eating Reiner and Bertholdt's friend,Ymir regained her humanity,no longer forced to wander mindlessly driven only by primal instinct.

She feels remorse for killing their friend along with gratitude for his death,which makes her feel even more guilty.

Ymir also regained her memories,so she fully understands what fate awaits Reiner and Bertholdt should they fail their mission.

So Ymir going back to fight alongside them is her way of clearing a debt of gratitude and to pay for the murder of their friend.]

My understanding of the arc.
Enrique Suárez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news!! Can't wait! Very Happy
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
This is exciting, but I still need dates for One-Punch Man 2, Code Geass 3, Knights of Sidonia 3, and Saiki 2.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone shocked by this? Maybe the 2018 date but I was expecting them to adapt the entire manga.

Anyway, still good news. AoT is fun.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
In my entire life, I have never cried so uncontrollably from watching anime. Did anybody else feel the same way?
Yeah, I shed some tears watching episode 37; it was very emotional to me. And it is pretty common for me to cry (or get misty-eyed) when watching anime.

FlowerAiko wrote:
Is anyone shocked by this? Maybe the 2018 date but I was expecting them to adapt the entire manga.
I am a bit surprised that season 3 is airing on 2018 and not 2019, but not shocked. I am sure the producers of the anime want to adapt the whole manga, but that will depend significantly on how season 2 and the upcoming season 3 do.

I also want to see the whole story adapted in 75-100 anime episodes. If that does not happen, at least 49-50 episodes are guaranteed.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:

Anyway, still good news. AoT is fun.

The first season covered four arcs,which meant it had caught up to the manga,hence the four year wait.

The second season covered the 'Clash of Titans' arc.
The third season looks to be 'The Uprising' arc.
A fourth season would cover thespoiler['Return to Shiganshina arc'] ,which is still ongoing,or it ended with chapter 90.(manga is currently at chapter 98)

Hajime Isayama does not want fillers,so expect the anime to continue with a single cour with at least a year in between to give him time to write.

Keep in mind he originally planned to end AoT with volume 20.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Alright everyone this is not an official discussion thread for season 2, so watch the spoilers please. Especially since it just ended and many might not have even seen the latest episode yet let alone all of season 2.

Thorfinn wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
Good to get the worst part out of the way quickly than wait multiple years.

I think you meant to say best, part, since the Uprising arc is the best from the manga.

I think people are entitled to think what they want without you being condescending towards them. Something you've been warned about a few times already.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Alright everyone this is not an official discussion thread for season 2, so watch the spoilers please. Especially since it just ended and many might not have even seen the latest episode yet let alone all of season 2.

Thorfinn wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
Good to get the worst part out of the way quickly than wait multiple years.

I think you meant to say best, part, since the Uprising arc is the best from the manga.

I think people are entitled to think what they want without you being condescending towards them. Something you've been warned about a few times already.

Oh, I didn't even notice some of my other warnings since this website doesn't have a notification system. I'm truly sorry. Here's some feedback for your bosses, consider adding a notification system in some way.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Looks like WIT is generous enough to not keep their audience waiting for 4 years again Laughing Hooray for those who enjoy this meat mecha! Hope y'all have fun, because The Uprising arc is an ordeal to go through (if you ended up enjoying that then more power to you).

Last edited by Kon'Doriano on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
@ Nordhammer - thank you for posting that explanation of spoiler[Ymir's motivation for rejoining Reiner and Bertholdt.] That clarifies things for me on that front.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Ugh. Was hoping this studio would move on to products with more substance

Define substance for me. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, this is freakin fantastic news!!!
cheapassgamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
WTF is a cour?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
cheapassgamer wrote:
WTF is a cour?

Cours refers to a season long title. Most common number of episodes in a single cours are 12 or 13, but 11 or 10 is not unheard of.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I expected Season 3 to get announced quickly and it did. Probably will air in April 2018. Though, I hope it's in January. I expect it to be 2 cour this time.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Ugh. Was hoping this studio would move on to products with more substance

Weren't you in the Season 2 announcement thread back in November 2014?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4