• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Can Oculus Founder Palmer Luckey Bring Us More Re:Zero?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:38 am Reply with quote
If you're going to fund creative projects, fund something that actually needs funding, not something that's already a big hit.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:28 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
If you're going to fund creative projects, fund something that actually needs funding, not something that's already a big hit.

Dude's doing that precisely because he wants to see this particular part of the series animated, not just because he has a good heart. lol
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:53 am Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:

The most cancerous group you've ever seen eh? May I kindly point you towards the Steven Universe fanbase?

There's no fanbase that's nearly as toxic as this practice of pitting fandoms against each other like this. Every fanbase has good and bad members, and every fanbase, from Steven Universe to Re: Zero to whatever, can be rationalized to be "cancerous" with enough cherry-picking. Let people enjoy things.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 am Reply with quote
Lol Just to hint what happens in the IF story, spoiler[let's just say that Subaru starts regretting his decision. He grows from the events in the story, but he ends up having a pretty serious story arc revolving around his regrets. Rem, of course, is there to support him through it all.]
If they made a second season to continue the story... I honestly wonder how the Rem fans would react to spoiler[Subaru inadvertently learning Rem has been permanently forgotten and mentally dead again literally just moments after the final scene of season 1... and committing suicide right there and then, just to find out the save point was after her terrible fate already happened. She... hasn't re-entered the story since, web novel included... lol Ouch.]
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
If they made a second season to continue the story... I honestly wonder how the Rem fans would react to spoiler[Subaru inadvertently learning Rem has been permanently forgotten and mentally dead again literally just moments after the final scene of season 1... and committing suicide right there and then, just to find out the save point was after her terrible fate already happened. She... hasn't re-entered the story since, web novel included... lol Ouch.]

Holy ****, that's absolutely hilarious.

Now I want a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE0 season two just for the sheer salt it would generate.

Last edited by FilthyCasual on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
I ahve mixed feelings of a new season of rezero, sicne goign by the summaries is just more of the same, without anything really interesting happenning; the only scene that I wantt to see is that person beheading all the party
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Luckey hasn't, at least publicly, received a response from the staff involved in Re:Zero. Fans will have to continue to keep their fingers crossed.

Hmm, while this seems to be true...I hope his other tweet means someone that can make the anime happen has actually contacted him, due to this tweet:
Quote:
This tweet must've gotten reposted somewhere, because I have a bunch of people contacting me now. Time to make it happen! From zero!
https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/872611712440057856

Juno016 wrote:

After the events of episode 19 (or was it 18?), I don't mind this. All the more reason to get the IF story animated. Laughing
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I ahve mixed feelings of a new season of rezero, sicne goign by the summaries is just more of the same, without anything really interesting happenning; the only scene that I wantt to see is that person beheading all the party

Yes Return by Death is still a thing just like how know Time-travel in Stein;Gate 0 is still a plot element, but situations are entirely different in each arc so I don't know what you arereading. RBD is not the plot itself, just narrative device in the context of the actual plot.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

Palmer is not interested about funding a new Re:Zero season.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
At this rate Re:Zero will be known as Rem focused waifu ship rather than an unique story where protagonist face a lot of horrible deaths and he cant do anything about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2