• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Persona Series Director, Character Designer Thank Western Fans

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
They are very welcome. Knee deep in second playthrough and P5 has easily become one of if not my favorite game of all time. It even beat out P4G which i didn't even think was possible seeing how much i loved that game. It was well worth the wait.

Also Akira x Ann confirmed as canon. spoiler[though i am still very much a Makoto man, followed ever so closely by Tae Takemi and Sadayo Kawakami] Wink
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Just got the game for my birthday last week from the in-laws. So far I'm a bit into and feels a lot like P4G game-play wise with some new additions. The story is fun though and greatly enjoying it. However, I still rank P4G higher. I'm sure I have to give it more time before final judgement. Either way, worth the money. Very Happy
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, the game's theme seems more likely to be well-received in the US and certain other countries as opposed to Japan since traditional Japanese values put a lot of emphasis on respecting your elders and societal norms whereas P5 shows the protagonists having to go against society and the corrupt adults within (although I roll my eyes at those who say the game is completely anti-adult as there are more Confidants who are adults than Social Links who were adults in 3 or 4 individually) to do what is right.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
You're very welcome.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome as well cause I'm loving the game so much and hoping the ending is good spoiler[as well I don't want it to be depressing like Persona 3]
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Persona 5 is the best game I've played so far this year. It's surpassed my expectations which were already pretty high. It deserves much success.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
If this is Hashino's last Persona game, it's a perfect one to go out on. It'll be interesting to see where the series goes after this. I also expect there to only be a P3-P4 delay between 5 and 6. They are going to want to continue the momentum of 5.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:
You're welcome as well cause I'm loving the game so much and hoping the ending is good spoiler[as well I don't want it to be depressing like Persona 3]

spoiler[Technically the ending is on going , especially if you follow the spinoffs, in particular Arena, at least one of the characters is actively trying to free the p3 main character. So there is a chance the character can eventually be revived. ]
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Honestly, the game's theme seems more likely to be well-received in the US and certain other countries as opposed to Japan since traditional Japanese values put a lot of emphasis on respecting your elders and societal norms whereas P5 shows the protagonists having to go against society and the corrupt adults within...to do what is right.

That sentiment's not that uncommon in Japanese pop culture, is it? For example, Gundam series usually take adults to task on behalf of the usually teenaged protagonists for creating a dysfunctional world.
YROSHIKU

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah if you're so grateful give some free DLC and start releasing your god damn games both in your rice country and in the West at the same time.
Generations

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
YROSHIKU wrote:
Yeah if you're so grateful give some free DLC and start releasing your god damn games both in your rice country and in the West at the same time.

Oh boy, where to begin with this one...

First off, just because they're grateful doesn't mean they owe you jack. That's entitlement.

Second, there ARE free DLC, already have been, and with two more packs coming that are both free coming in the next two months.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
Honestly, the game's theme seems more likely to be well-received in the US and certain other countries as opposed to Japan since traditional Japanese values put a lot of emphasis on respecting your elders and societal norms whereas P5 shows the protagonists having to go against society and the corrupt adults within...to do what is right.

That sentiment's not that uncommon in Japanese pop culture, is it? For example, Gundam series usually take adults to task on behalf of the usually teenaged protagonists for creating a dysfunctional world.

Yeah, but it's much more explicit in P5. Also, from what I've heard a lot of Japanese anime and video games' messages actually aren't in line with the general traditional mindset of the Japanese public.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Also Akira x Ann confirmed as canon. spoiler[though i am still very much a Makoto man, followed ever so closely by Tae Takemi and Sadayo Kawakami] Wink
everytime people say a certain ship in Persona is canon the anime versions end up saying other wise
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I roll my eyes at those who say the game is completely anti-adult as there are more Confidants who are adults than Social Links who were adults in 3 or 4 individually) to do what is right.

Incidentally all but two of them being females who you can romance with one exception therein.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Really loving this game so far. Close between this and Nier Automata as me favourite PS4 game so far this year.

Only thing I'm a tad disappointed in...no way to romance Yusuke!!...lol, wierd thing to complain about I know, but c'mon, wheres the love for my BL!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2