• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Mega Man Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network in 2018 or Later

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
... At least Megaman is still 100% robot. I was thinking that he would be a human that transformed into Megaman.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Dontey Griffith wrote:
This new Mega Man show don't have a chance, Teen Titan Go! have told over the network. Man, I don't get why Cartoon Network play Teen Titan Go! so much.

That's been a chronic problem with the network since post-2009 with all the new shows coming on so much, scheduling has become an issue and it still is much like what Nickelodeon is going through with Spongebob being on half the damn time. Most of the shows mentioned here have all come on Saturday mornings early with little to no warning and then they go off as quick as they come on.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
... At least Megaman is still 100% robot. I was thinking that he would be a human that transformed into Megaman.

Got some bad news for you then, judging by the leaked trailer. This thing is going to join Pac-Man and Sonic Boom to form the Unholy Trinity of video game revivals.

Don't blame Capcom for this. If Capcom had their way they'd let Rockman lay dead in its grave. Blame all the fans and other companies who want to drag his corpse out and parade it around because they can't let go of the past. Fanboys are why Might Number 9 was a thing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

Got some bad news for you then, judging by the leaked trailer. This thing is going to join Pac-Man and Sonic Boom to form the Unholy Trinity of video game revivals.

Well...That pretty much seals the [not-so-good] fate of New Mega Man. I wouldn't be surprised if the show inconspicuously disappeared from the time chart just weeks after its debut.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Don't blame Capcom for this. If Capcom had their way they'd let Rockman lay dead in its grave.

Which of course they wouldn't be wrong for doing after more than 60 games total.

Lord Oink wrote:
Fanboys are why Might Number 9 was a thing

They're not necessarily the reason for why the game was crappy.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Yup, Cartoon Network's gonna put this in the 6 A.M death slot, no doubt about it.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
It's unfortunate the thing about the time slot.

But about the concept, I think you're expecting a megaman 100% faithful to the games in concept, when I think even if this series was an anime, it would never be about Classic Mega Man in the first place. Also, Mega Man was Ben 10 waaaaaaaaay before the latter even existed, so I approve the concept. We keep throwing crap at Man of Action for obvious reasons, when what they did with the first 2 Ben 10 series and Generation Rex should prove that at least they will put some effort. Even Omniverse, which I didn't like much, had good animation on it.

I know that we're expecting new cartoons that are not only for children, but also for the adults, like Ren and Stimpy, Johnny Bravo and the Powerpuff Girls, or Adventure Time and Steven Universe today, but will that change the animation TV landscape in the US for good inmediately?

It's like the anime landscape, where if the mayority of series released today were less about otaku wish-fullfillment, ecchiness and moe, and more in line with 90s series, that wouldn't change the landscape inmediately. Heck, it could end up in some big flops because the public that likes the more casual series would have nothing to watch, and they wouldn't buy the new series. So it would be the situation in the US. New and better series won't mean great success in the first year, but rather it would pass for a crisis before getting better.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Well there goes another series to the grave. CN as a channel needs a major revamp big time. To me it died when it cancelled Young Justice and it's never came back from it
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Also, Mega Man was Ben 10 waaaaaaaaay before the latter even existed, so I approve the concept. We keep throwing crap at Man of Action for obvious reasons, when what they did with the first 2 Ben 10 series and Generation Rex should prove that at least they will put some effort. Even Omniverse, which I didn't like much, had good animation on it.

Ominverse's issue(s) weren't that it had janky animation, but that they drastically and needlessly changed the art style they had used for AF/UA....and if matters couldn't be worse further messed up Ben's personality (along with bogging the series in general down with sketchy writing).

Lelouch Vi wrote:
Well there goes another series to the grave. CN as a channel needs a major revamp big time. To me it died when it cancelled Young Justice and it's never came back from it

As much as I liked YJ it's cancellation wasn't really that detrimental to the network overall...especially when people were still reeling years after fact over the fate of Teen Titans, Megas, Samurai Jack, along with the screw job they pulled on Toonami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2