• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Detective Conan's Ran & Shinichi Tie the Knot on Marriage Application

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, Ran hasn't responded to Shinichi's confession yet. Then again, their relationship is still far ahead than Heiji's and Kazuha's.

I can't believe that supporting characters from the police department have gotten more romantic progress than the detectives.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah like much of the overall plot, the main romance proceeds extremely slowly or rather in sporadic bursts. I actually find the police romances appealing though that is certainly colored in part by my finding Sato appealing, not that the other two ships aren't appealing as well.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I watched some of the 1st season Conan episodes for a while, then tried some of the newest ones on Crunchyroll. Found it almost depressing after all this time how little seemed to have changed between the two, but I imagine I've missed a lot.
spark67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Haibara-chan doesn´t like it
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote
the one who is supporting Conan all these years is Haibara not Ran, like seriously Ran is only worrying about herself and her own romance life.. meanwhile Haibara is worried about Conan's safety more than her own and not to mention supporting him to solve his biggest case.. even Ayumi is closer to Conan than Ran.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Something about this news is depressing somehow.

Maybe because I'm old, and remember reading the manga chapter where this scene takes place.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:
the one who is supporting Conan all these years is Haibara not Ran

All these years? Has even a year passed in-universe? The kids all still seem to be in the same grade they were 20 years ago. Smile

If you don't think Ran has supported Conan/Shinichi, it's only because she's been kept in the dark about what's going on. From her pov, Shinichi's been a jerk toward her all this time, however you interpret time in this, but she still hasn't dumped him yet. And she's put her own life on the line a few times to save Conan.

If Ayumi is closer to Conan than Ran it's because she spends more time with him due to circumstances. If Ran spent that much time with Conan, people would think she was a shotacon.

Anyway, I expect this to be sad since I know they won't follow through and Shinichi will stand her up yet again. Or she'll be temporarily fed-up with his apparent lack of interest in her and stand him up. Either way, it won't have a happily ever after ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1