• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
As I mentioned in the other topic, Darkness totally stole the end of the episode, and in a way that is surprising when I think of the masochism thing as just crude. Kind of like back with the Dullahan, or the explosive fortress. Or the causing the very problem in the first place like Aqua with the mansion.

Or Vanir brought something new in trying to look cool despite the fact Aqua's barrier clearly did a number on him.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
No offense to the Americans but I doubt theres an American voice actor out there who can pull off or rival Fukushima's rendition of Kazuma.

As an American I totally agree with you. But then again I'm one of those subbed purist. only got like 5 shows I enjoy dubbed.
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Ok,now this is getting ridiculous. How can this show make me die of laughter just with the first two words in an episode????? CHIKEEN RESO . Jun Fukushima is ridiculously unfair.
Assassin Eclipse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Ikr. That scream at the end of the episode. Perfection~

Btw, how is Arcanretia a famous place among adventurers with crazy Axis cult members like these?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Yep, there was a lot of comedic stuff to love frome episode 8. I think my favourite bit was when Kuzuma was repairing Darkness's breast plate with Megumin and Darkness avidly watching him. The delivery of how he indicated they were making this "awkward" for him was fantastic.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Definitely plenty of funny stuff in that episode. I especially liked the part where the server at the restaurant served Darkness a bone in a dog bowl on the floor with a straight face.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8 reminds me of friends and relatives that have been sucked into multi-level marketing scams. It is about that bad.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
Episode 8 reminds me of friends and relatives that have been sucked into multi-level marketing scams. It is about that bad.

Oh my gosh, I've had that happen to me twice. The last time was horrible. They had me in for an "interview" and the guy would not take a hint after I was politely telling him that I did not want to sign up right then and there and giving him several excuses why I couldn't do it that day, which he tried to hand wave away. After several minutes of this I had to walk out of there. The first time they seemed to take a hint better.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I honestly had a job trying to choose which scene I found the funniest in ep 8 and thats saying something considering there was a lot of competition and damn those cultists are freaking scary
Greggo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Between this week's Konosuba and the latest episode of Gabriel Dropout, I haven't laughed this much during a week of anime for as long as I can remember.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Do you think the Axis cult is a jab at either Japan's Happy Science "religion" or Scientology? Either way, I found myself laughing at every moment when they tried to recruit Kazuma or Darkness. Even when the little girl showed up, I screamed a certain Star Wars meme.
Greggo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Do you think the Axis cult is a jab at either Japan's Happy Science "religion" or Scientology?

It smacks more to me of multi-level marketing...the one lady with the "detergent you can drink" instantly made me think back to Welcome to the NHK when Satou got fooled into buying all that detergent.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Man, I loved this episode. The religious people trying constantly to recruit them was the funniest running joke I've seen in a long time. And the part at the end with the little girl! Oh my god, I just about died laughing from that. Is that what it's like to go to Salt Lake City? Very Happy
Combined with the cool action and tactics at the beginning, and all the humor throughout, I'd say this is my favorite episode of the season so far.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote
JO let us not forget the throw away part where Megumin has to part with the dragon she's bonded with in the carriage and even given it a super Chunni nickname
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Assassin Eclipse wrote:
Ikr. That scream at the end of the episode. Perfection~

Btw, how is Arcanretia a famous place among adventurers with crazy Axis cult members like these?

Maybe axis are the one spreading the rumor to attract more suck- I mean, convert people.

And yeah, that dog bowl joke was amazing, the way the waitress did it fully straight face with not an hint of malice and how darkness was actually turned on. Perfect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 13