• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Sunshine!! Anime Gets 2nd Season This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time before Season 2 of Love Live Sunshine would be a reality. I'm all ready for it! Smile
tootbrush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:39 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I liked soul eater not much more then the original. Then again that ending really hurt my opinion of the show.

I will never understand this sentiment. You had 45-50 awesome episodes (and yes, I'm including the part where they deviated from the manga) and then that one punch ruins the entire anime for you? There was a great journey to an underwhelming destination in that anime.
Meanwhile SEN! is a show about nothing. It brings up several interesting plot threads, does nothing with them and then the ending was just as bad as the original's. There aren't even any cool action scenes.
Kevelinu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
Does anybody have an idea if there is a chance for foreigners to get tickets for these concerts and if yes, how?
I am probably in Japan for the second concert around the end of August and would love to see it
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
This second season is a huge opportunity for the Aqours to chart their own path and not follow the previous generation.

invalidname wrote:
I kind of hoped they'd stay in the summer, since LLS was a highlight of summer 2016, and instead the concentration of all the major properties into spring and fall makes for a real feast-or-famine streaming diet.

To be fair, both seasons of the original Love Live premiered on Winter and Spring respectively, and now Sunshine is clearing out the leftover seasons of Summer and Fall. Though if S2 of Sunshine did premiere in the summer, it'll be at the same time as ufotable's take of Touken Ranbu, and that would have been interesting to see 2 big franchises competing with each other.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Its about time and so after the second sesaon another movie maybe
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Saw this announcement when I checked my MAL account made me really happy and much like with μ's my favorite girl rakings got jumbled around but season two will probably better as now Aqours has kind of established themselves as their own group.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah, can never say no to more Love Live.
Millhi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Kevelinu wrote:
Does anybody have an idea if there is a chance for foreigners to get tickets for these concerts and if yes, how?
I am probably in Japan for the second concert around the end of August and would love to see it

Yes it's possible for foreigners to get tickets but honestly it's quite a hassle. The second live tour (just mini concert in 3 different places) should work the same as the first live with balloting for the tickets so i'm just going to link the reddit first live FAQ on what to do. (It requires importing the BD's and after that if you do get a ticket you need to be able to pay for it which will be hard as a foreigner.) https://www.reddit.com/r/LoveLive/wiki/aqours1stlive

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping the concert would also come with a second season announcement. Very Happy
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Random Name wrote:
I liked soul eater not much more then the original. Then again that ending really hurt my opinion of the show.

I will never understand this sentiment. You had 45-50 awesome episodes (and yes, I'm including the part where they deviated from the manga) and then that one punch ruins the entire anime for you? There was a great journey to an underwhelming destination in that anime.
Meanwhile SEN! is a show about nothing. It brings up several interesting plot threads, does nothing with them and then the ending was just as bad as the original's. There aren't even any cool action scenes.

I never said it ruined the entire anime it just hurt my opinion of the show. I just liked soul eater not better since I prefer that type of show over an action show anyway. Also the ending is the most important part of any story so why wouldn't it affect my opinion of a show.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes, I enjoyed the first season so I'll be looking forward to this one.

Elsewhere the JoJo elitists are sitting in a corner crying
Kevelinu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
Kevelinu wrote:

Yes it's possible for foreigners to get tickets but honestly it's quite a hassle. The second live tour (just mini concert in 3 different places) should work the same as the first live with balloting for the tickets so i'm just going to link the reddit first live FAQ on what to do. (It requires importing the BD's and after that if you do get a ticket you need to be able to pay for it which will be hard as a foreigner.) https://www.reddit.com/r/LoveLive/wiki/aqours1stlive

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Gee that sounds horrible.
I am not THAT big of a fan.
Thanks for the help anyway.
I just wanted to buy some tickets, not going through all of THAT.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 am Reply with quote
Although I saw this one coming from a mile away I'm still excited as hell for more Sunshine! Can't wait for the premiere this fall. Very Happy
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
(It requires importing the BD's and after that if you do get a ticket you need to be able to pay for it which will be hard as a foreigner.)

I've gone through similar with the blu-rays of Animelo Summer Live 2014 to get tickets to the 2015 concerts, 2015 concert blu-rays for tickets to the 2016 concerts and so forth, but I've had the advantage of a travel agent with a reciprocal arrangement with a Japanese travel agent prepared to bid for and obtain tickets for me.

So in 2015 I saw the Idolmaster x Muse collaboration.
southplumb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This is hardly surprising news, but more Sunshine is welcomed. I ended up enjoying Sunshine more than the original first two seasons. I will wait for the dub because that is how I watched the first Sunshine.

I also liked Sunshine more than the original, so I'm surprised by the negative comments. I will probably eventually watch Love Live! again on DVD/Blu-ray and might change my opinion, but Sunshine looked better to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4