• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 200+ Voice Actors Choose Top 25 of Their Own in TV Special

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
A solid list. Maybe not the order I'd put them all in, but it's difficult to argue with most of them being on there. Those voice actors have good taste in... themselves, I guess!

Also, to me, Suwabe is Greed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
junijuni23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Of all Morikawa Toshiyuki's anime roles they choose Zootopia's Nick. What?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
junijuni23 wrote:
Of all Morikawa Toshiyuki's anime roles they choose Zootopia's Nick. What?

You have to remember that this program is mainly aimed at the mainstream so of course they will choose a character that is more known to the general public as opposed to, say, Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou. They did show some footage of Sephiroth from the Advent Children movie as well as Mission Impossible where he dubs Tom Cruise.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, that's just your opinion. I can say that some seiyuu is can be named "overrated" too, but the voice acting is no easy work, especially when you're popular and need to act on the many different projects with just one season, work on the radio shows or for more - doing the work on the same time on the TV show (like Sugita with Nakamura, or some others).

Pretty sure I know how hard the seiyuu job is but what I trying to say it is refreshing to see the list is not full with overrated aka overpopular seiyuu. I personally can say Suwabe Junichi and Sawahiro Miyuki are overrated too but maybe its something to do with how they start their career just like long timer VA for Goku, Nozawa Masako.
And this is just a poll among 200 seiyuus themselves, not among the fans, so it is surprising that the result is not as I expected.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:54 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Pretty sure I know how hard the seiyuu job is but what I trying to say it is refreshing to see the list is not full with overrated aka overpopular seiyuu. I personally can say Suwabe Junichi and Sawahiro Miyuki are overrated too

Popular =/= overrated.

Both Suwabe and Sawashiro are highly talented individuals. You are basically saying that you don't think their popularity is deserved according to your personal standards. That's what we call an "opinion," as WANNFH pointed out.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:

Popular =/= overrated.

Considering to be popular not all depend on talent. Yeah it could be applied as well. Plus seiyuu industry also practicing idolism, which is bad. Not that I saying Suwabe and Sawahiro are not talented, but it is nice to see unnoticed people get attention.

I gonna stop my comments here. Dont want to derail thread.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
Where the fudge is Norio Wakamoto on here?
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quote
To me, the most stunning omission is Sakurai Takahiro.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm delighted to see both Miyuki Sawashiro and Yoshiko Sakakibara among the women on the list. As for the men, it's good to see Tomokazu Seki and Hiroaki Hirata there, but I'm baffled by the lack of Takehito Koyasu and Akira Ishida. I'm also disappointed that Toshihiko Seki didn't make it, but I guess I'm not too surprised. He's really underrated. And I would have liked to see Takahiro Sakurai and Hiroshi Kamiya, but maybe they're still too young for this poll. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2