• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super to Simulcast on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, AnimeLab

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:37 am Reply with quote
It seems my country was also included in Daisuki's list of "other European countries". But I'd prefer Crunchyroll, since I already pay premium there, while on Daisuki, I'll have to resort to watch free, which means SD only and commercials as I am not willing to pay them for just one series I can't get on Cruchyroll (yet, hopefully). Oh well, still better than the wait for fansubs of questionable quality, anyway.
#roberogomez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
After a long time, I had lost hope in CR haha Shocked
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean it's going to get reviews, now? Seeing as how every OTHER long running shonen series is, and considering the launch just OBLITERATED Crunchyroll for a couple of hours proves its popularity....
NitroNeon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
NitroNeon wrote:
Schemmel's King Kai is horrible. He probably only got recast in the role because his buddy Sabat is director. No bias there Rolling Eyes

or it could be due to the fact that Saban Entertainment pulled out and stopped funding the show (hence why they could no longer afford to hire the Ocean Group to dub it for them) so they had to hire local talent with little money and thus didn't have a large pool of voice actors to choose from and so people ended up with multiple roles?

I thought it was clear that I was referring to Kai, I mean Sabat wasn't the director back when they started dubbing Z. There was no excuse for keeping holdovers from the old dub like Schemmel's King Kai, they had the money and a much larger talent pool when they started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7