• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime Debuts New 'Boyhood' Arc on October 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 am Reply with quote
MORE part 1 fillers?!
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
Omg i was hoping for more pt 1 original stories. Hopefully it leads to that schoolyard sasunaru fight. I love that scene.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
More part 1 fillers....ARRRRRHG!
When will this crap end jeeez, so close to the end nd whoop a filler arc begins
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Omg i was hoping for more pt 1 original stories. Hopefully it leads to that schoolyard sasunaru fight. I love that scene.

They already covered that whole fight sometime after Naruto and Killer B left the island (but before they joined the war. I wouldn't be surprised if they did it though, given their penchant for recreating the same material over and over again, as well as their UNDYING affection for Sasuke (ugh...).
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
lame...

i wanted fillers from naruto the last movie period.

We got plenty of pts fillers back before shippuuden even started.

Connor Waltman wrote:
I hope that Naruto gets the Kai treatment because these fillers droves drove me not to watch it anymore.

naruto fillers are easy to skip.

Gemnist wrote:

Good thing there's the manga then!

And the KAguya fillers? They filled some plotholes of the final manga chapters. Unless you love the "cheese shredder" plot holed final chapters...
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
It's actually the 46th issue.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
Why are people so upset over this? The anime has covered all but the last chapter, it can do whatever it wants now. If it bothers you this much, you can treat today's episode as the “final episode“, and whenever they do cover chapter 700, you can treat that episode as a “special“.

This is like if you were to go see a movie and got angry at the film for having 10 minutes of credits after. The story is over, no one is forcing you to stick around. Rolling Eyes
ParaSitius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
The humanity, people being forced to watch this show week after week with absolutely no choice to ignore it. Will it ever end and put these people out of their misery?
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
This is, as the kids say, top kek. This anime literally never stops being profitable it seems.
Not only does that pretty much confirm at last that bleach will never return with studio pierrot, even for an ova, it pretty much makes Naruto the most dragged franchise I have heard of so far.

The manga's material ended when? Two years before the anime ended? So they were doing fillers for two years because the manga's material ended which is already hilarious.
Now it's gonna continue past its original Manga, but not in a way dragonball did with gt or super. It's gonna be an extended cut of all the filler flashbacks of Narutos childhood?

Am I the only one here that finds this absolutely hilarious?

the thing is that the Naruto and Bleach animes were worked on by different team's at pierrot but my expectations have died since the Bleach manga ended
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Dear Naruto viewers: the story is OVER. There's nothing left but a mediocre Harry Potter epilogue. I know you're used to suffering through mountains of filler to get to the good stuff, and I salute that dedication, but there's no good stuff left. Just read the last chapter of the manga and be done with it. Save yourselves!
Tylerr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Dear Naruto viewers: the story is OVER. There's nothing left but a mediocre Harry Potter epilogue. I know you're used to suffering through mountains of filler to get to the good stuff, and I salute that dedication, but there's no good stuff left. Just read the last chapter of the manga and be done with it. Save yourselves!

na theres the gaiden manga and boruto movie (plus another one shot)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:

naruto fillers are easy to skip.

From a retrospective yes not if you're trying to actively watch the anime when filler episode pops up and goes on a few weeks/months at a time with no known airdate for the end of the filler? you're screwed.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably sure the last chapter in the manga will be cover in the final episode of the Naruto anime. So expect it to end in late March.
Tajima

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:

Am I the only one here that finds this absolutely hilarious?

Your avatar just makes me think you're salty that the terrible Bleach is never coming back.

According to Pierrot, Naruto is one of, if not the most profitable anime in the studio's history. So it's not a surprise that they're going to continue it, especially since they have plenty of material (all those epilogue books).

kanjineogeo wrote:
I'm probably sure the last chapter in the manga will be cover in the final episode of the Naruto anime. So expect it to end in late March.

Chapter 700 was an epilogue and really more of a Boruto setup than anything. For all intents and purposes, chapter 699 was the "end" of Naruto proper, and that was adapted in today's episode, so anyone who feels like they've been forced to watch this show can safely move on.

Not that any of that will stop the people who continue to troll these threads, crying about how they're apparently being forced to watch this shit at gunpoint.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
When I saw this earlier this morning, my reaction was...

You know what... this isn't enough. I want more filler! I want the filler episode where Naruto is constipated and needs Sasuke to help him have a bowel movement. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3