• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. English Dub Clip Previews Joshua Seth as Tai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCTakato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

I also hear his voice in a lot of commercials.

You never can tell where these voice actors will wind up. Identification Discovery is full of documentary series narrated by Dave Wittenberg, for instance.
Is that Steve Blum who plays the Midas hand in those Midas commercials?

Quote:
Sora, Mimi, Kari and their Digimon eating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TEz0k_hqSU
As a longtime Digimon fan, I'm really impressed by this dub so far. They seem to be finding the right balance of making dub that appeals to nostalgic Digimon fans and purist fans by keeping the original music nd using a more faithful script but still taking a few localizing liberties that doesn't feel too overbearing. The voice acting still sounds really solid and though I wish they had gotten back Kari and Gatomon's original dub VAs, their new ones sound pretty good. I'm glad they didn't try to pick copycat VAs like they could have easily done and just went with a VA that best fits the character rather than trying to get them to sound like the previous actress. I'm also really hyped they're keeping the original music. Though it's probably too much to hope for that they'll be keeping Brave Heart and I wonder what music they'll use for it.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the one time screening since I have other plans however I still look forward to watching the English dub on blu-ray. Smile
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:30 am Reply with quote
Where does Tri exactly take place? After Adventure 2?

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm hoping that it'll be released on DVD WITH the Japanese dub + subs.

MangaUK's release in December is dual audio so I believe whenever it gets a physical in the state it'll be the same.
C-MC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Where does Tri exactly take place? After Adventure 2?

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm hoping that it'll be released on DVD WITH the Japanese dub + subs.

MangaUK's release in December is dual audio so I believe whenever it gets a physical in the state it'll be the same.
Yeah Tri takes place 3 years after 2 (2005)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
All these years later and the first line we get is "Ha"...
Joking of course, nice to hear him again, I've sadly only seen him in this, Akira and Wolf's Rain.

Laughing

If you liked him in those, he was also fantastic as Dio in the original Last Exile.
That's been on my raider for a long time.

malvarez1 wrote:
He also guest starred in an episode or two of Trigun. Small but important role, and he voices a villain!
Oh yeah, he voiced the young version of Knives.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Ahh, a sound for sore ears. Surprised

Yessss! It's been too long since hearing that voice.
So good to hear Tai sound right Smile

MarshalBanana wrote:
All these years later and the first line we get is "Ha"...
Joking of course, nice to hear him again, I've sadly only seen him in this, Akira and Wolf's Rain.

Laughing

If you liked him in those, he was also fantastic as Dio in the original Last Exile.

Yes, yes, and YES to the nostalgia!

I'll have to check out Last Exile as I've never seen that! I enjoyed his part in Trigun as a young Knives since I hadn't heard him voice a villain much at all.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Seth also played Asano in the Twelve Kingdoms dub. Does anyone know if Crunchyroll will be streaming the Tri dub or will we have to wait for the home video release of it if we can't go see it in theaters?
Cat's Tuxedo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Amusingly, this'll be the first time in the entire franchise's history that Seth's voice actually fit the character Razz
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see Josh Seth return to voice acting and to his most famous role! I'm very happy to see him back or in this case,hear him back. Welcome back! It's been far too long! A lot of people missed you,me included.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
Is that Steve Blum who plays the Midas hand in those Midas commercials?

I am 85% sure that is him.

I can confirm he narrated the "Oh, thank heaven!" 7-Eleven commercials though. There was also a commercial involving a walking stick figure that I am absolutely certain is Steve Blum too, but I cannot recall for the life of me what they were selling. Just that they tended to be the first commercial on a Toonami break, and so I mistake it when I'm not looking for Tom continuing to say stuff.

Snomaster1 wrote:
It's good to see Josh Seth return to voice acting and to his most famous role! I'm very happy to see him back or in this case,hear him back. Welcome back! It's been far too long! A lot of people missed you,me included.

I'm glad he's back too, but it sounds like he found work that pays better than voice acting, so he'd naturally prioritize that. I do hope to hear more of Joshua Seth, but I can understand if he'd want to make himself scarce.

Kind of like how you'll almost never hear Christine Cavanaugh anymore (voice of Dexter in Dexter's Laboratory until Season 3 and voice of Chuckie in Rugrats until...whatever time it was she stopped) because voice acting was never really her passion. She'd much rather tend to her farm nowadays.
xchampion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I am going to see the dub specifically because of the return of Joshua Seth. And to top it all off I'll be going to the Utah State fair this weekend to see Joshua Seth in person. He's doing a hypnotist show everyday for the whole length of the fair(11 days I believe). It end Sunday.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:18 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Kind of like how you'll almost never hear Christine Cavanaugh anymore (voice of Dexter in Dexter's Laboratory until Season 3 and voice of Chuckie in Rugrats until...whatever time it was she stopped) because voice acting was never really her passion. She'd much rather tend to her farm nowadays.
nowadays? you do know that Christine Cavanaugh is dead right?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
What? She is? I hadn't heard about that! Now I feel kind of embarrassed. How long ago did this happen?
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
she died two years ago, it will show up if you google her name.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Not liking the new insert music.

The music was exactly the same as the Japanese version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4