• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any idea how many episodes in total this arc will have?
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Do you mean Sheer Heart Attack or this whole "chasing" arc?

Sheer Heart Attack will likely have only one more episode, as there are only 5 chapters of the manga left to cover, and I'm assuming that they will cut out the ending for dramatic effect. After that we'll have Atom Heart Father which, almost surely will be only one episode long, and the ending of that episode should mark the end of this cour, since it'll cover all the content the opening foreshadows.

So I would be hoping for a new OP and ED that hint to the unique kind of climax Diamond is Unbreakable has.
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
In case you happen to be referring to the entirety of Diamond is Unbreakable as "this arc" the answer is 39.

MalcolmBelmont wrote:

spoiler[Do i think they should have killed Koichi to raise the stakes. Yes.http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/jjba/images/9/92/Killer_Queen_punching.png/revision/latest?cb=20140820061058

But next episode still raises the stakes ]

You probably should've prefaced this spoiler by claiming that it's from next week's episode
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
MalcolmBelmont wrote:

spoiler[Do i think they should have killed Koichi to raise the stakes. Yes.]

You can raise the stakes without needlessly killing off major characters in such a lazy and cheap way PB, BT, & SC had a bad habit of doing this.
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
MalcolmBelmont wrote:

spoiler[Do i think they should have killed Koichi to raise the stakes. Yes.]

You can raise the stakes without needlessly killing off major characters in such a lazy and cheap way PB, BT, & SC had a bad habit of doing this.

I don't see how you can make a case against how those arcs did it without saying killing of characters in general is inherently bad. I think this series does it frequently enough to put the thought of it maybe happening in our heads whilst not becoming something like, say, Akame ga Kill!
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope they're not planning on cutting out any arcs, because 16 episodes probably won't be able to contain everything left from Part 4. In particular I've been really excited to see RPS Kid, I Am An Alien and Highway Star animated since the announcement of the anime.
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
I hope they're not planning on cutting out any arcs, because 16 episodes probably won't be able to contain everything left from Part 4. In particular I've been really excited to see RPS Kid, I Am An Alien and Highway Star animated since the announcement of the anime.

It's possible

Spoilers:

spoiler[Episode 24: Sheer Heart Attack Part 2 (SHA: 5 ch.)
Episode 25: Atom Heart Father (Atom Heart Father: + Kira's New Life Part 1. 6 Ch)
Episode 26: RPS Kid is Coming! Part 1 (RPS Kid)
Episode 28: I Am An Alien! Part 1 (Kira's New Life Part 2 + I Am An Alien! 1-4.5 Ch)
Episode 29: I am an Alien Part 2 (I Am An Alien Chp 5-6. Highway Star Ch 1-3. 5ch)
Episode 30: Highway Star (Highway Star 4-8. 4 Ch.)
Episode 31: The Cat Who Loved Kira (The Cat Who Loved Kira: 6 ch.)
Episode 32: Who Wants to Live On a Transmission Tower (Who Wants to Live On a Transmission Tower: 6 ch.)
Episode 33: Enigma Boy (Enigma Boy: 6 ch.)
Episode 34: Cheap Trick( 6 Chapters)
Episode 35: Another One Bites the Dust Part 1 (That's Not my Dad + Beginning of Another One Bites The Dust 5. 6 Chapters.)
Episode 36: Another One Bites The Dust Part 2 (Another One Bites The Dust Chapter 5 - Chapter 9. 4 ch.)
Episode 37: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Another One Bites The Dust Part 10 +Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable - End of Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 4: 5 ch.)
Episode 38: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable (Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 5 - 9: 4 ch.)
Episode 39: Goodbye, Morioh: Golden Hearts (Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 9 + I'll Jog Your Memory + The Guardian Angel of Morioh + Goodybye, Morioh: 4 ch.)]
gedata

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
MalcolmBelmont wrote:
anddo! wrote:

It's possible

Spoilers:

spoiler[Episode 24: Sheer Heart Attack Part 2 (SHA: 5 ch.)
Episode 25: Atom Heart Father (Atom Heart Father: + Kira's New Life Part 1. 6 Ch)
Episode 26: RPS Kid is Coming! Part 1 (RPS Kid)
Episode 28: I Am An Alien! Part 1 (Kira's New Life Part 2 + I Am An Alien! 1-4.5 Ch)
Episode 29: I am an Alien Part 2 (I Am An Alien Chp 5-6. Highway Star Ch 1-3. 5ch)
Episode 30: Highway Star (Highway Star 4-8. 4 Ch.)
Episode 31: The Cat Who Loved Kira (The Cat Who Loved Kira: 6 ch.)
Episode 32: Who Wants to Live On a Transmission Tower (Who Wants to Live On a Transmission Tower: 6 ch.)
Episode 33: Enigma Boy (Enigma Boy: 6 ch.)
Episode 34: Cheap Trick( 6 Chapters)
Episode 35: Another One Bites the Dust Part 1 (That's Not my Dad + Beginning of Another One Bites The Dust 5. 6 Chapters.)
Episode 36: Another One Bites The Dust Part 2 (Another One Bites The Dust Chapter 5 - Chapter 9. 4 ch.)
Episode 37: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Another One Bites The Dust Part 10 +Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable - End of Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 4: 5 ch.)
Episode 38: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable (Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 5 - 9: 4 ch.)
Episode 39: Goodbye, Morioh: Golden Hearts (Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable Part 9 + I'll Jog Your Memory + The Guardian Angel of Morioh + Goodybye, Morioh: 4 ch.)]

spoiler[Hey you forgot episode 27. Unless you think it'll be a recap of all things, this could use some re-jiggering. ]
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
In case you happen to be referring to the entirety of Diamond is Unbreakable as "this arc" the answer is 39.
Yeah the whole of Diamond is Unbreakable, I didn't know what to call it, a season, a saga? I suppose it can't be an arc as it contains many arcs.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I think the agreed-upon term is "Part," in the way "Phantom Blood" is sometimes called "Part 1," "Battle Tendency" is also known as "Part 2," etc.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
"Here, let me put on your socks properly before i blow you to smithereens." Gotta love Kira and his OCD. Laughing

I agree that Josuke's Stand powers lower the tension, at least compared to previous seasons. I don't really want any of these characters to die, but the fact that the main characters aren't safe, always were part of The JoJo Experience...and that sure was a pretty convenient recovery by Jotaro...

But well, as long as it gives me awesome villains like Kira, i'm willing to forgive this show just about anything. Smile
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
What a perfect episode.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
"Here, let me put on your socks properly before i blow you to smithereens." Gotta love Kira and his OCD. Laughing

I agree that Josuke's Stand powers lower the tension, at least compared to previous seasons. I don't really want any of these characters to die, but the fact that the main characters aren't safe, always were part of The JoJo Experience...and that sure was a pretty convenient recovery by Jotaro...

But well, as long as it gives me awesome villains like Kira, i'm willing to forgive this show just about anything. Smile

The characters still aren't always safe, though. Kira is the kind of character that has the ability, and will (and has) blown characters up beyond the point of which Josuke can recover them.

I get the criticism, but I don't think much tension was lost here, as it was properly built up to by Kira having already blown up Shigechi (and Kira also being a serial killer altogether). We knew he had the desire and ability to kill Kouichi.

I think the thing that brought down the tension was me believing that Kouichi was too important of a character to be killed now, which Jojo series can always change up, too, and this one wouldn't be an exception just because of Josuke's powers.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
[Edit] : please use spoiler tags. (Feel free to have another go at this post.) Errinundra.
gedata

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

On top of that, that criticism holds even less water for when Josuke isn't around to help,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 28