• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Guardians of the Galaxy, Gravity Falls Writers in Talks for Live-Action Pokémon Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
There goes the little hope I had for this movie, bad writers ruining a cherished franchise that has had declining literary value over the years.

Bad writers? Have you seen Gravity Falls? Badly written it is not. Guardians I can understand a little bit, but in fairness, Perlman only wrote the first draft which she admits was more or less completely re written by Gunn.
_Faust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...as well as co-developing the proposed third Sherlock Holmes film starring Rodney Downey, Jr.

I've never heard of this guy before, but his name sounds an awful lot like the name of that actor who plays Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "Robert Downey Jr." I think it was. Wink
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh man!

I wanted to hate this movie... I really did... but...

This has the makings to be an awesome movie... I mean come on! Has anyone else seen that Pokemon Go tweet Alex did? It's one of the funniest Pokemon Go pictures!

Also there needs to be fan art of a team up between Detective Pikachu and Ducktective!
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Yeah this can stop

You hate anything Murican don't you?

But yeah, even though Nicole did a great job on Guardians... if Detective Pikachu - a character in a game that may not even be good - is in it, then I'm setting the bar pretty low.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Well this gives me a little hope that this movie might actually turn out to be good. Than again after they announced that the movie would be about Detective Pikachu my expectations took a complete nose dive. But if anyone can make it work it's Alex Hirsch. Smile
elior1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
Please not Ash. Please Not Ash. Please Not Ash! PLEASE NOT ASH! PLEASE NOT ASH!!!!!
if ash journey will end after the kalos league since he have high chances to win with 2 vs 3 pokemons left in the finals
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
A MCU writer and a children's cartoon's writer doesn't bode well for this, not that it was going to be good in the first place. I imagine a Chipmunks type movie.

-Stuart Smith
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Hmm...

We'll see.
matsushima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
HyperGatack wrote:
L mxvw krsh lwv qrw jrlqj wr eh iloohg zlwk flskhuv. wkdw mxqn jhwv dznzdug uhdo txlfn

Lw lv nlqg ri ixq wkrxjk.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
A MCU writer and a children's cartoon's writer doesn't bode well for this, not that it was going to be good in the first place. I imagine a Chipmunks type movie.

-Stuart Smith

You're really doing yourself a disservice here. You might as well say Miyazaki is just a "Guy that makes Japanese cartoon films with kids"
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Personally, I loved Guardians of the Galaxy and I adore Gravity Falls. If either of them worked on this project I'd have faith in them.

Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith

Something that will more than likely be aimed at children getting a writer that created one of the best children's cartoon doesn't bode well for it? Rolling Eyes That's a little funny.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith

It doesn't bode well that a children's cartoon writer is helping with a movie of a franchise that's aimed at children? What?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Normally, I shy away from American live-action adaptations of Japanese works...

However, I think this live-action version of Detective Pikachu has a chance of working, if the script-writing is good.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith

Yep! Children's cartoon... that and I quote from an actual episode "Has a big mystery element. And a lot of humor that goes over kids' heads." and then the next episode the same character who said the line had a long list of crimes read one of which was "pug trafficking".

Seriously I'd advice you not to jump to conclusions about a children's cartoon... I mean come on, there was an episode about a dating sim that was alive, and they managed to sneak in a hentai joke.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
A Detective Pikachu movie by the writers of Guardians of the Galaxy and Gravity Falls?

That's an instant win! Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4