• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi Romantic Comedy Manga's Story Enters 'Climax'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
I see it ending with either the harem ending or the no decision ending.

Harem ending is always best ending if you can't choose.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, I stuck through this piece from the very beginning. And I mean beginning as far back as the one-shot. Hell, I still remember Double Arts. Being able to witness the end of a long running story all the way through can be quite the achievement in a way. Not particularly proud way, but a way. Whatever happens happens, whether or not anyone will like it. And whether or not Shinbo will ever animate it.

Let's hope it out with a real bang and not a whimper.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I liked the one shot better. Finally, failkoi will end.
Desertking22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Great....My Love Story first and now this...what's next? Food Wars? Fairy Tail? Bleach?
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
This should've ended a whole lot sooner.
At least it will finish. Don't care about the ending coz I dropped it a long time ago.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Nah, the creator isn't done milking this dry yet. It's just a tease.

Actually, Nisekoi has been doing very poorly overall, and if it doesn't end on its own soon, it's highly likely it'll get canceled. Its rankings in the magazine are terrible and it's not really selling a lot of volumes so neither WSJ nor Shueisha have reasons to continue milking it when there are other manga that have become much more popular.

Desertking22 wrote:
Great....My Love Story first and now this...what's next? Food Wars? Fairy Tail? Bleach?

Well, Bleach is probably ending this year (next at most), and Gintama's author said he's ending it this year. Fairy Tail could end with this arc though I don't think that'll happen this year and Mashima hasn't said anything about ending it yet
Desertking22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Treeborn wrote:

Actually, Nisekoi has been doing very poorly overall, and if it doesn't end on its own soon, it's highly likely it'll get canceled. Its rankings in the magazine are terrible and it's not really selling a lot of volumes so neither WSJ nor Shueisha have reasons to continue milking it when there are other manga that have become much more popular.

Desertking22 wrote:

Well, Bleach is probably ending this year (next at most), and Gintama's author said he's ending it this year. Fairy Tail could end with this arc though I don't think that'll happen this year and Mashima hasn't said anything about ending it yet

Gintama?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:44 pm Reply with quote
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
lol so much damn hate. i enjoy it imo and am still waiting for season 3 Razz.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Nooo, I loved it and I will truly miss it Sad
One of the best & funniest romance manga I've ever read!
Shaddy_Pl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Fairy Tail will end with this arc, there is nothing else to tell in that manga, great war, every character is on battlefield (or will come soon), 99% of secrets are clear now. Mashima is not someone who milk his series.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 am Reply with quote
Ah, maybe try Double Arts again? Laughing

I'm still enjoying this series, and the chatter I've seen online has been about the sinking ships in recent chapters. I feel like we'll see a decision get made, and while my preference is Chitoge, I don't mind who he chooses, as long as he chooses someone.
elior1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Treeborn wrote:

Desertking22 wrote:

beside the poor sellings. by the event in the recent chapter there is no way to drag it more
_Archer_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
it's not really selling a lot of volumes

While Nisekoi is on a decline in sales, it is still selling a lot of volumes. The previous volume broke 200k sales, which is very good, and in 2015 it ranked as the 17th best selling manga series of the year. While it didn't rank in the top selling series of the first half of 2016, it's worth noting that neither Toriko or World Trigger did as well. Considering most new jump series in the past few years haven't been selling very well at all, Nisekoi is still one of their bigger titles.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Knight-Hart wrote:
So he's actually going to choose a girl? No way.

the world god only knows did that first

KamiNomi did that spectacularly. Nisekoi is just dragging so far, to the point the anime version is pretty much superior for skipping stuff from the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3