• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Lovers Boys-Love Anime Gets 2nd Season in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
But what will they call the sequel?
My money is on Super Duper Lovers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I hate this anime, but it's BL so I'll probably watch this season 2. I swear I just like to torture myself when it comes to trashy BL series. At least we have the success of Doukyuusei to hopefully gear the market towards adapting not do crappy works.

CrowLia wrote:
Sure, do this instead of a Back Stage movie, why don't you*

*I know they're different studios so there's nothing to do here. I just wish DEEN would choose less shitty properties for their BL anime

BlackPoint. wrote:
DEEN going all out this year hope it doesnt end up in a train wreck because makin sequel for anime that are meh and aint sellin just dunno what to think about it all....the only success and worth a sequel was konosuba so far....

You'd think by now that people would realize that the studio does not decide things when it comes to adaptions other than just taking the job or not. (And what business would turn down any kind of profit?) They get offered a job, they get paid for that job, and they get a small cut of the profits from disc sales (maybe), but it's the production committees that decide what gets made in the end. So DEEN did not "choose" to make this sequel, the production committee did. Clearly it's selling something if the production committee is funding a sequel. You don't deem anything "worthy" of a sequel, the Japanese consumer and the committee do.
Cielito_Lindo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Naniwa wrote:
Cielito_Lindo wrote:
So this cringe-worthy abomination gets a second season, but not Love Stage? Yeah, this is why yaoi should never get animated at all.

Sorry but this statement it's pretty ignorant. Just because THIS specific yaoi is an abomination doesn't mean there aren't others out there that would deserve an adaptation. The problem is that they barely animate any yaoi and when they do they usually animate the most popular ones which somehow are almost always full of weird fetishes and problematic stuff. We should be questioning instead why series with incest/pedophilic tones, and borderline abusive relationships are the ones that people is buying.

No, I completely agree with you, but since we can't change the sales numbers, it would be better not to have it at all. Of course there are far worthier bl stories to adapt, but if they will only focus on these... they are only perpetuating the problem. I hope Doukyusei does well on dvd sales so they get the idea.
himeko7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME!!! Haven't watched the last episode yet, but knowing that there will be a 2nd season makes me happy~!!! (⌒▽⌒)

(and people who call this "trash", "abomination", and whatever else are truly bored with their lives... ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭ )
himeko7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
I hate this anime, but it's BL so I'll probably watch this season 2. I swear I just like to torture myself when it comes to trashy BL series. At least we have the success of Doukyuusei to hopefully gear the market towards adapting not do crappy works.

I honestly don't get why people say this series is trashy. Rolling Eyes Please don't watch it if you hate it. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising as Super Lovers was a very popular manga. I find the whole controversy around this series hilarious as anime is rampant with subtle pedophilia to fanservice pedophilia now. However, it's perfectly fine when it's the girls who look like they are 10. Lolicon is golden, but shotacon is disgusting and amoral.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
By all means express your like or dislike for this anime but any personal comments will be deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GYRAX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
But what will they call the sequel?
My money is on Super Duper Lovers.

I think it should be titled Ultra Lovers.
BlueOla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Cielito_Lindo wrote:
So this cringe-worthy abomination gets a second season, but not Love Stage? Yeah, this is why yaoi should never get animated at all.

Wow, rude. To each their own and enjoy what you enjoy but this anime is far from an abomination and is actually one of the better ones out there. And I don't see why THIS specifically is the reason why yaoi shouldn't be animated? Ah, wait, I know, because you're bitter that your preferred show didn't get a second season so you're gonna whine about a different show that did. Wow,the envy is through the roof with this one.

Don't like? Don't watch. It's animated by a different studio than Love Stage, so your attack seems absolutely baseless here.

All in all, as much as I'd like to see "better" yaoi manga animated too, I will enjoy all the 'mediocre' adaptations we get before that (or will leave them alone if i don't enjoy them) because it's this "bad" stuff that's popular in Japan and makes studios even want to bother with animating something as niche as BL. No genre was perfect from the very beginning but mediocre stuff is better than nothing and leaves hope for something "good" to be animated one day. Doukyuusei is a good example because they made that movie knowing that it would do well because they knew their demographic. It's previous yaoi shows that allowed this, so even if you don't enjoy them, you could at least appreciate their existence.

{Edit: I edited your 3 consecutive posts into 1. I also removed the unnessecary rude comments. From now on please just make 1 post and not multiple consecutive posts where you say the same thing. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Uh... okay.

I actually didn't even know that the first season ended this week.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
himeko7 wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:

I honestly don't get why people say this series is trashy. Rolling Eyes Please don't watch it if you hate it. Confused

>An adult trying to get it on with a minor
>not trashy

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, but I'm just not one to shy away from pointing out concerning content in my media because I'm not a mindless consumer of said media. Other than that, obviously I derive some form of enjoyment from the anime or else I wouldn't watch the entire thing. What's it matter to you what I watch anyway? Not like you're the one sitting through it with my mindset.
fufuDanshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
CrimsonAbsol wrote:
I just made an account to ask this question.........Why?

Well that's hilarious because I did the same thing.

Yes, despite my username. I don't think Super Lovers has a place in the anime industry to begin with.

Yes shotacon fans are starved for content I presume, but wouldn't they prefer a show that's actually well directed?...or properly written? or not censored to hell and back?

But even then; these are the kind of shows that eventually are taking funding from other more decent BL stories, that could be adapted if the greenlight was given. It's just an all out shame, really. Confused
himeko7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:

>An adult trying to get it on with a minor
>not trashy

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, but I'm just not one to shy away from pointing out concerning content in my media because I'm not a mindless consumer of said media. Other than that, obviously I derive some form of enjoyment from the anime or else I wouldn't watch the entire thing. What's it matter to you what I watch anyway? Not like you're the one sitting through it with my mindset.

Ren may be 16 in age, but his mindset is already that of an old man's. Anime hyper And it's FICTIONAL. I would understand your concerns if the boy looked like a kindergartener or something, but he doesn't and it's not like Haru is forcing him.

And blaming the "content" in the media is a bunch of BS. You can read what it's going to be about, so you know what you're gonna be watching.

It matters to me because it's something I enjoy watching/reading, and it's hard to ignore rude comments like these that don't seem to respect what others like. (and you said "I swear I just like to torture myself when it comes to trashy BL series." so what do you mean by that exactly?)

fufuDanshi wrote:
CrimsonAbsol wrote:
I just made an account to ask this question.........Why?

Well that's hilarious because I did the same thing.

Yes, despite my username. I don't think Super Lovers has a place in the anime industry to begin with.

Yes shotacon fans are starved for content I presume, but wouldn't they prefer a show that's actually well directed?...or properly written? or not censored to hell and back?

But even then; these are the kind of shows that eventually are taking funding from other more decent BL stories, that could be adapted if the greenlight was given. It's just an all out shame, really. Confused

Uh, this isn't shotacon, and Super Lovers DOES have a story that's properly written. I don't know what your watching (or why you're watching it if you think that way).

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
Aisama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember having heard of any BL anime adaptation getting a second season green-lit this immediate. So, this is wonderful news!!! I enjoy Super Lovers (manga and anime) and look forward to it every week so I definitely look forward to January 2017!!

Any BL that get an anime adaptation is appreciated in my eyes. Any BL that get a sequel after the first season is welcome to my heart.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
himeko7 wrote:

Ren may be 16 in age, but his mindset is already that of an old man's. Anime hyper And it's FICTIONAL. I would understand your concerns if the boy looked like a kindergartener or something, but he doesn't and it's not like Haru is forcing him.

And blaming the "content" in the media is a bunch of BS. You can read what it's going to be about, so you know what you're gonna be watching.

It matters to me because it's something I enjoy watching/reading, and it's hard to ignore rude comments like these that don't seem to respect what others like. (and you said "I swear I just like to torture myself when it comes to trashy BL series." so what do you mean by that exactly?)

1. Still a minor.

2. Fiction doesn't mean free of criticism or any thoughts about the work. Also, I'd argue he looks freaking 8, please, spare me.

3. You clearly don't get it if you think criticism of content = not knowing what you're getting into.

4. Grow up and realize not everyone will mirror your feelings/thoughts. Separate yourself from your fiction and get over what other people think abut stuff you like. Your life will be easier that way. (What should it matter to you? Again, you're not the one with those thoughts, so what does it do to you? Hint: Nothing.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4