• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime to Ring in the Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Awesome that The Devil Is A Part-Timer is No. 1 on The List! Smile What better way to make the long weeks of Summer pass by than cooking up burgers at a fast food joint for all to enjoy?

Poll: A bit sad that Manaka from NagiAsu didn't make it, but I am ecstatic that Ayumu (Ōsaka) from Azumanga Daioh reached 2nd!

i wasnt surprised at all that manaka didn't make it. not to mention suzaku in the bottom 20 considering he's ridiculously disliked in the series other than nina. same with Ryoko at #1 and Charlotte at #4 since ryoko is basically what every guy who thinks school is boring and needs something new to make it interesting. and charlotte is more or less what every fan of IS wanted as their gf other than houki (or at least hoping that uber dense ichika chooses)

though i am more surprised that hataraku maou-sama! got number 1 when the " vacations adventures" from jojo made a whole lot sense for the summer. besides who in the hell would want to have a summer part time job with the devil as your boss anyways? not me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Maou isn't the boss, just an employee.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I would also add spoiler[ Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer] since the arrival of summer clues in the cast that something weird is going on.

Most attractive manager? Gou is an adorable muscle fangirl but Renge was my idol as a teen. They are both fun characters but the Ice Queen from Ben To could whoop some butt...so hard!
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Special kudos to Ms. Loveridge for mentioning Oh! Edo Rocket, one of my all-time favorite shows and largely unknown to contemporary anime viewers. I was stunned when Funimation chose to license this show and even give it a dub track. It just seemed way too "Japanese" to appeal to mainstream Western anime viewers.

Rocket is an adaptation of a stage play by Nakashima Kazuki, the screenwriter for Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. Madhouse devoted an all-star team to the adaptation including director Mizushima Seiji and script writer Aikawa Shou. The sound track by Honma Yusuke is as anachronistic as the story itself with strong 1940's-style "big band" themes that could have been performed by the Dorsey brothers.

Seconding this, Oh! Edo Rocket doesn't get enough love. It's in my Top 3 anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2