• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Anime Starts 'Future Trunks Arc' In June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StregaMember08

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:43 am Reply with quote
In all honesty the thing that most interests me about all this is Trunks new scarf. Looks very similar to 17's scarf given the colour being red rather than GT's blue. Could be a shout out to gt, or it could mean something more
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
So Toriyama so ran out of ideas that he's stealing the plot of Reboot?

Quote:
"Why has Future Trunks returned to the present again after defeating Cell and attaining peace?"

This is not a rhetorical question? Did I put those in the wrong order? Why can't I stop phrasing these as questions?

Reboot had Enzo and Matrix so Future Trunks will be called .... Boxers? These also had Bob and Evil Bob... Evil Ash has nothing to do with Black Bart? Wait, it's really Goku Black but not Black Goku? And wasn't that Turles?

Quote:
"Who will be the future's new enemy?"

Toriyama. Huh, it stopped.

I loved the time travel Dragon Ball Androids story... especially once you realize Cell killed that Future Trunks who just came back... to the future. And Android 16 is not the Terminator and Cell has nothing to do with alien...

Ok, complaining about "originality" at this point is pointless. But... what's the deal with the sword... again? And is Boxers coloring his hair?
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
So Future Trunks is the character Toriyama said kids these days liked.

OMG! Are are they going to animate the "Shin Budokai: Another Road" story with some SUPER changes? Wink

Goku Black:

I don't think he said kids liked.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Trunks in SSB form (yes I think that is SSB)? My interest has been piqued

No, he is not SSB.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
Why did they have to drag him into this mess and goku black? I think that will be some alternate timeline goku that lives in their version of universe 6(or something like that) ,either way cant say im looking forward to that Sad .
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
An epic idea and the changes super did to the movie versions, on paper are amazing. But in motion (animation wise) I was disappointed and still am. Super shenlong is a typical DragonBall thing. Exaggerate things until it's ridiculously badass. But the animation even in that important episode was terrible.

People have given me reasons why it looks the way it does. But I wont sit back and accept everything that toei is throwing at me. I love super and it's story but the execution is not done respectfully.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
a part of me is disappointed because I was hoping for some Gohan focus after the universe 6 stuff, but on the other hand at least we're getting the cool Trunks back
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
What's up with the color of his hair? Wasn't it purple and still no focus on Gohan
dark13

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch Vi wrote:
What's up with the color of his hair? Wasn't it purple and still no focus on Gohan
his Face is funny too, his art is very Fan art like ( something I would drew) its not very good. What Going on with Super ? I hear its Been Dragon Ball GT Level of bad.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
his Face is funny too, his art is very Fan art like ( something I would drew) its not very good. What Going on with Super ? I hear its Been Dragon Ball GT Level of bad.

that's just the way Toriyama draws now
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
it's not that good but it's not GT level bad, GT was just abysmal
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
vgiannell5 wrote:

More likely he is what Goku might have been if he didn't loose his memories.

Basically Turles 2.0

SageModeKakarot wrote:

the only reason Bardock and Gine sent Goku to earth was for protection against Freeza/Frieza

Seems strange when you remember how close Goku was to destroying the earth.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
What's up with the color of his hair? Wasn't it purple

So was Bulma's originally :earth.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
]and still no focus on Gohan

Ummmm why would there be?

Especially given how Gohan has little to no reason to be invested in the conflicts in Super and people complain enough about the Saiyans getting too much exposure over the non saiyan cast.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
the hyyyyyyyyyyype but blue hair trunks??? We already saw the trunks of this timeline and he has normal Trunks hair color....
I hope we see SSJ3 Trunks. Even though it's not like it's strong anymore but that SSJ3 design on Trunks is SO GOOD
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:50 am Reply with quote
Damn, things should get interesting!
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:

the only reason Bardock and Gine sent Goku to earth was for protection against Freeza/Frieza

Seems strange when you remember how close Goku was to destroying the earth.

SageModeKakarot wrote:
and still no focus on Gohan

Ummmm why would there be?

Especially given how Gohan has little to no reason to be invested in the conflicts in Super and people complain enough about the Saiyans getting too much exposure over the non saiyan cast.

well they didn't care about the people on earth they was just keeping their son safe (see DB Minus)

as for that second quote, i never said anything about Gohan in my posts, i think you have the wrong user name there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3