• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Manga for the Canine Inclined

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote
There's also Wanko Number One/Man's Bestest Friend by Tamakoshi Hiroyuki which is about a dog who the protagonist sees as a schoolgirl (when it's in his apartment) for some reason.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
Stargazing Dog really hit me hard...

The Shiba Inuko-san manga and anime well predate the Doge meme, and I'm not sure why you'd conflate them. Clicking on the link to Itoshi no Muco, I can see the manga is also from 2011.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Only ever heard of Ginga until now. I'll have to start reading Stargazing Dog now that I know it exists. Haven't cried reading manga in a while.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:00 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I wish Viz would at least upload the rest of Inubaka to Kindle. As for dog-themed, manga, there's also Bow Wow Wata. Though that's about a vet who takes care of all types of animals.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
I'm still wondering about the new poll- is it looks best in a ponytail or has the best ponytail? It's these important questions like this one that keep me up at night.

Coincidently, I was just recently getting around to watching Yuki Nagato-chan and I was thinking how much I like Haruhi Suzumiya with her original long hair and not in a ponytail.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:10 am Reply with quote
I'm not really much of a "girls look nice with a ponytail" guy, but I have to say that when I saw this...

...I was all "hey, that looks good on her". I dunno... maybe a ponytail just goes well with headphones or something.

As for Belldandy, I think she's at her best when she's rockin' a huge braid.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
As someone who liked reading InuBaka and got all of the volumes within the first few days of release, I was so upset when Viz just dropped the series. Especially when it only had FIVE volumes left. I can understand if it wasn't popular but gosh, they could have at least released the rest of the series online or do those multi-volume Viz Big(?) books. I had to search online and find a random person's summary on what happened in those final volumes.

Truthfully, that situation left me a bad taste in my mouth with Viz and became part of the reason why I dont really buy manga anymore, save for one or two series in the last year in so.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I have to disagree with the comment that dog works are rare, hell the dog becoming human romcom, I can think of at least three or four works that meet that criteria, and thats not even counting dog like entities like inugami.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I share everyone's sentiments toward Inubaka. Viz shouldn't have dropped it. That really isn't fair to those of us who followed along the entire time and wanted to know what would come next. It really was a great dog-centric manga series as far as we were able to get through it.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
if you like dogs and horror genre

this is a good series, Inugami
manga#4584
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

I'm still wondering about the new poll- is it looks best in a ponytail or has the best ponytail? It's these important questions like this one that keep me up at night.

Or for a different change of pace, how about the "absolute territory" for ponytails instead?

Here, see if ya can find it: Laughing

Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
I count Wolf's Rain
Genos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
How did Fullmetal Alchemist make the poll? It's not a Shonen Jump manga. It was published monthly in Square Enix manga magazine.

Just coming to ask the same question lol. I think, however, they're calling it shounen jump because VIZ published it in America, which doesn't make it any less a Square Enix title lol. So silly.

Edit: Also, why is Kyuubei in the new poll? I mean I guess sorachi still labels Kyuubei female, but that just... makes me sad, sorry that's just my own thing.
Zimmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Muco from Itoshi no Muco is an Akita Inu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2