• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri.'s 2nd Film's Promo Video Lists 3rd Film's Title, Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome teaser! It feels both very nostalgic and it also leaves me wanting answers for what's coming next because I really have no idea where the story is going by this point.

As for what has caught my interest...

1). Great! Leomon is back! Although knowing Digimon tradition, expect him to die again unless if this movie actually breaks that tradition and that would break the internet as much as Leonardo DiCaprio finally winning that Oscar that he always wanted.

2). What's up with Ogremon's eyes? Could it be that he is also infected by this mysterious virus?

3). As we have hoped, Joe and Mimi will get more involved and Palmon/Gomamon finally reached their Mega levels and it looks awesome!

4). Oh yeah, it is definitely Imperialdramon alright and he definitely doesn't look right.

5). The Digimon Emperor is back and has a brand new look? The new outfit strongly resembles Lelouch's iconic Zero look from Code Geass but not as garish. Also, who is the new Digimon Emperor? It is Ken? Tai? Davis? I have to find out!

6). Lastly, that tease for movie 3 also has me curious and why is Patamon saying goodbye to TK? With the title of that film being called "Confession", either it is some devastating information may affect our heroes in a massive way or will it finally put an end to the shipping wars going on with fans once and for all? You choose.

Overall, I am so excited as a Digimon fan to know that we will have two or three movies coming out this year to help satisfy our appetite for more from this universe I cherished growing up with and see it expand to new territory.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
YamiWheeler wrote:
I really hope Crunchyroll rethink this whole "next chapter released in Winter" crap. They will lose customers who won't want to wait that long for the films. They've already shown they have the ability to stream it within a couple of days of release, so IDK why they're doing this.

Dude, they are following Japan season broadcast

Winter = late Dec - early March
Spring = late March - early June
Summer = late June - early Sept
Fall = late Sept - early Dec
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
2). What's up with Ogremon's eyes? Could it be that he is also infected by this mysterious virus?

Probably, but it's also an interesting reference to episode 13 at the Village of Beginnings where it's Leomon with the white eyes from the black gears.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takari007

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
this is just a theory: what if it was Osamu Ichijoji, Ken's older brother... it might happen like Kouichi at frontier, and his hatred and envy lead his spirit to the dark ocean and he became a version of the digital emperor and because he wanted to return to the Digital/real world. he called Hikari because of the ability of her crest to jump dimensions but Takeru protected and helped her escape the dark ocean. to add regret and bad decisions, the 02 team imprisoned Daemon in the Dark Ocean. Because of their combined powers and through time, they finally emerged of the Dark ocean and attacked Daisuke and the others while they are at the digital world. but because of their immense strength, their only chance to stop them is by destroying each and every digital terminal (t.v.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2