• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Custom Zaku

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:51 am Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
I know that Mr. Bertschy has seen some different Gundam series so I liked hearing his thoughts on Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. I was intrigued when he said the show seemed really Gundam-y to him. As someone who's seen almost every animated Gundam tidbit out there, I know that I think about the franchise a lot different so I like hearing differing opinions.

Personally, I find this Gundam series to be pretty atypical. This is especially noticeable in the dearth of fighting. I'm perfectly O.K. with this, mind you, as the battles are very carefully placed and choreographed into the broader themes of the episode very well. Also, other little things like the whole business side of the story is different. It's all a good thing for me, however; I'm really enjoying the deliberate pace of the series.

This is a big reason am enjoying the show so far. It's making the fights when they happen have purpose,compared to a lot of the other Gundams which really overkill the fights to the point of being monotonous and pointless. Loving the way it's painting the relationships between the characters so far.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
Hyperdrve wrote:
If it's One-Punch Man then more people voted for an anime that hasn't finished airing yet. I considered it more of a 2016 anime.

The last episode airs in DECEMBER. How the hell can that be a 2016 anime?
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Love Hope's remark on DC's spectacular "Snyderverse". It's the funniest shit I've heard. Laughing
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
The last episode airs in DECEMBER. How the hell can that be a 2016 anime?

Chill out nancy. It's just something that I assumed. I haven't watched any of the episodes and am waiting until the final one to stream the whole season in one sitting.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
If you like Krampus, I highly recommend you check out "Rare Exports". It's a great Swedish horror movie from back in 2010 that plays with the Christmas mythology in a really interesting way.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
Star Wars is one of the few movies Japan will get at the same time as the rest of the world, and it's all sold out there too:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-06/why-does-japan-get-its-very-own-star-wars-trailer-
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:
Do hope you guys get time to watch Fargo, the 2nd Season currently airing on cable TV. The next to last episode in this series had a rather interesting twist (not sure if it killed the show or delighted....jury's still undecided) but if you're a fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy you'll find the episode narrator choice was an excellent one.

Damn right. Fargo is fantastic. And that twist in the last episode totally sealed the deal for me. And it's not like it was out of nowhere either, they'd been building up to it ever since the first episode. Although at least the showrunner himself has admitted that it could make or break the show for some people. You really gotta respect a guy who's willing to take a chance on his own success like that. He could have easily played it safe in the second season of his acclaimed tv series, but instead he went in a completely unexpected direction. That's why I personally love it.

Oh, right. I just remembered that I'm on an anime-centric website. I guess that means I gotta say something about Japanese cartoons quickly. Uh... so that One-Punch Man show is pretty cool, huh? Definitely the most purely enjoyable (and most importantly, funny!) anime I've seen since Space Dandy, I think. It only makes sense that they both share the same director. I think it will have no trouble at all topping the Most Popular Anime of 2015 poll.

Also, that guy who's "out of the loop" so much that he wasn't even aware of Star Wars' release next week? I'm not going to tease someone for having a life (I kid, I kid), but I find it kind of surprising that someone who's nerdy enough to be following an anime dedicated news coverage site is completely unaware of probably the biggest nerd event of the year.[/b]
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
I know that this may sound a bit excessive could you please do a piece on Detective Conan slash case closed

I know it's unusual since it's one series and and some movies / ovas. However people a ton of the time do watch it out of order or watch movies and ovas way after or before they should.

There are also the remastering of the classic episodes which can be really hit or miss, that they started doing because so much of the filler that they wrote after 450 is just garbage.

Which brings me to my next point you actually should watch dective Conan with a speed watching guide to avoid some of the really bad episodes or put cases back in the right order so the story actually makes more sense.

There is also the small problem of the plot not starting in the series until episode 128 of the Japanese version of the series or volume 18 or 19 of the manga.

And finally there is the small issuse of the Magic Kaito tv series versus the ovas and the gosho aoyama shorts
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
Hyperdrve wrote:

If it's One-Punch Man then more people voted for an anime that hasn't finished airing yet. I considered it more of a 2016 anime.

Don't know how you can consider it a 2016 anime, when One-Punch Man was watched in 2015 and the last episode will finish in 2015.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Don't know how you can consider it a 2016 anime, when One-Punch Man was watched in 2015 and the last episode will finish in 2015.

Because I thought that One-Punch Man would last 15-16 episodes. My comment was about what I thought when I took the survey. I can't explain it any simpler than that.
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Dangit Hope! You're so close to the Phantom Troupe arc! Just finish the current arc and you're in the clear for an amazing anime, shounen or no!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2