• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds NTR: Netsuzou Trap Yuri Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Well that's neat...this is one of the series I put on my licensing wishlist, without ever imagining it actually would get licensed. At least there's something for me in Seven Seas' recent flurry. It looks like a good seinen slice of life for light reading.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Come to think of it, rather than NTR it should be netori. I'm assuming the girls are the main characters and they're the ones doing the stealing rather than being stolen from.

From what I read, netori probably fits the most.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Come to think of it, rather than NTR it should be netori. I'm assuming the girls are the main characters and they're the ones doing the stealing rather than being stolen from.

From what I read, netori probably fits the most.

I was under the impression that NTR could be used as an acronym for both netorare and netori.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Definitely has me interested as more yuri the better Anime smile I know citrus was mentioned and it's on my to buy list but does anyone have any other recommendations for good yuri manga/ln? Would prefer it to be something legally viewable and preferably somrthing I can buy in physical form and in English.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like my kinda NTR.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Definitely has me interested as more yuri the better Anime smile I know citrus was mentioned and it's on my to buy list but does anyone have any other recommendations for good yuri manga/ln? Would prefer it to be something legally viewable and preferably somrthing I can buy in physical form and in English.

Hello fellow yuri fan!^^/ There's actually a lot more being released lately! I too like to have a printed book in front of me. Here's a few I own or have read at least most of. I def. reccomend Citrus and Girlfriends above others.

Girlfriends
There's 2 volumes, each like 500 pages for ony 15 bucks, super good deal! This is some veeeerry cute stuff as two friends fall in love with each other. Great contrast of personalities between the hyper, fashion concious blonde named Akko and the shy and sweet Mari. Actually gets quite serious in the romance as their commitment grows and deals with a lot of relatable problems (i.e. if one of us were a guy no one would treat us different, etc...)

Kisses, Sighs and Cherry Blossom Pink
Just a one volume collection of yuri stories. If you liked girlfriends you'll like this! More of an anthology but it's also cute and sweet. More good value here big book for cheap.

Gakuen Polizi
Haven't got too far into this one so it hasn't got too serious yet, but again like the other published Milk Morninga stuff it's a lot of yuri for not much money. Two volumes out so far.

Whispered Words
Otherwise known as Sasameki Koto, it has an anime that's unlicensed over here. The manga is much better as it completes the story. Basically it follows closeted lesbian Sumi who is tall, brunette and athletic. She's in love with her best friend a blonde named Ushio, who's more forward about her homosexuality. It's a lot of them missing connections and not realizing how the other feels which can be frustrating but it does end incredibly sweet. Sumi also kind of builds up a small harem of admirers in the process! Think this is 3 volumes.

Miyuki Chan in Wonderland
This is more comedic but its a lot like the anime just more risque. Yuri alice in wonderland where the alice (miyuki) gets hit on by several girls. Hey don't judge I like it because it's CLAMP.

Strawberry Panic & Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Both are bit more standard & cliche, but if you can get into it more power to you ^^b

Burst Angel
3 volumes. If you've seen the anime it's kind of fan-service-y. Girls with guns type thing but the manga has a lot more yuri than the show does and idk I thought it was sweet.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Oh HELL YEAH. More Yuri from Seven Seas!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news more Yuri manga is always welcome I just wish that they would license more Yuri Anime series Funimation has started to with Yuri Kuma Arashi and Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- not to mention riddle story of devil getting a home video release I just hope that more Yuri series follow. Cool
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
More yuri is always great, but I have a strong dislike for het-stuff. I've always had a hard time with this manga, because of the aforementioned dislike for het (there's not really a lot of it in this, but it's too much for me!), nor am I into NTR. On the other hand, I really want to see the girls end up together. I'm conflicted...

The art style is great, though.

Now, if only Seven Seas licensed Hana to Hina wa Hokago! That would make my day.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:34 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
Hello fellow yuri fan!^^/ There's actually a lot more being released lately! I too like to have a printed book in front of me. Here's a few I own or have read at least most of. I def. reccomend Citrus and Girlfriends above others.

Girlfriends
There's 2 volumes, each like 500 pages for ony 15 bucks, super good deal! This is some veeeerry cute stuff as two friends fall in love with each other. Great contrast of personalities between the hyper, fashion concious blonde named Akko and the shy and sweet Mari. Actually gets quite serious in the romance as their commitment grows and deals with a lot of relatable problems (i.e. if one of us were a guy no one would treat us different, etc...)

Kisses, Sighs and Cherry Blossom Pink
Just a one volume collection of yuri stories. If you liked girlfriends you'll like this! More of an anthology but it's also cute and sweet. More good value here big book for cheap.

Gakuen Polizi
Haven't got too far into this one so it hasn't got too serious yet, but again like the other published Milk Morninga stuff it's a lot of yuri for not much money. Two volumes out so far.

Whispered Words
Otherwise known as Sasameki Koto, it has an anime that's unlicensed over here. The manga is much better as it completes the story. Basically it follows closeted lesbian Sumi who is tall, brunette and athletic. She's in love with her best friend a blonde named Ushio, who's more forward about her homosexuality. It's a lot of them missing connections and not realizing how the other feels which can be frustrating but it does end incredibly sweet. Sumi also kind of builds up a small harem of admirers in the process! Think this is 3 volumes.

Miyuki Chan in Wonderland
This is more comedic but its a lot like the anime just more risque. Yuri alice in wonderland where the alice (miyuki) gets hit on by several girls. Hey don't judge I like it because it's CLAMP.

Strawberry Panic & Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
Both are bit more standard & cliche, but if you can get into it more power to you ^^b

Burst Angel
3 volumes. If you've seen the anime it's kind of fan-service-y. Girls with guns type thing but the manga has a lot more yuri than the show does and idk I thought it was sweet.

Thanks a bunch for the info! Quite a few of them I'll have to check out now Anime smile
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:45 am Reply with quote
Added this to my read-list. I only read a part of one manga (2 chapters of Scientia, to be exact, so I'm rather new to manga. I rather need to make an yuri anime list. I made a post regarding yuri in the past, but it's somewhere lost in time. Can anyone help me?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
It's not NTR when it's 2 girls.
Just like sexual harassment is not "really" illegal when it's 2 girls.
A lot is forgiven when it's 2 girls. Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
It looks like a good seinen slice of life for light reading.

With a premise of cheating on their boyfriends, it feels more like shoujo-y schlock than anything else. It makes me wonder how long this title will last until the girls dump on their boyfriends. If this title was on serialized on any other magazine, I would be utterly worried on what the end game would be.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
well at least it has NTR in the title so you can't complain about it.

True, it's why I know I should steer clear without knowing much about the series. Seemingly, the guy being cheated on is nice, which makes it even worse in my book. Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

True, it's why I know I should steer clear without knowing much about the series. Seemingly, the guy being cheated on is nice, which makes it even worse in my book. Laughing

He's like Souma in Kannazuki no Miko; he's in the wrong type of series! Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3