• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter X Game's Videos Introduce Dual Blades, Sword & Shield Weapon Classes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge monster hunter fan so I was definitely happy to run across this article with previews of the weapons, but I am curious as to why. I get why games like the Dengekibunko fighter get articles here, but monster hunter doesn't seem to be anime related. Or am I wrong?
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I'm a huge monster hunter fan so I was definitely happy to run across this article with previews of the weapons, but I am curious as to why. I get why games like the Dengekibunko fighter get articles here, but monster hunter doesn't seem to be anime related. Or am I wrong?

Japanese games will always be featured on ANN. Related to anime or not. They always show games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Tales games, Digimon, Devil May Cry, Mario, etc. I do know there's a Monster hunter manga tho..never read it before lol.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

Yup! As long as a video game is Japanese produced, we'll cover it. We do tend to give priority to anime/manga-related games and famous/popular Japanese franchises (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tales, etc.), but Monster Hunter is pretty big in Japan, and we do get those games in the West quite often, so we feel Monster Hunter is a franchise worth covering in general.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1