• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: China Blacklists Attack on Titan, Death Note, 36 More Anime/Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
c933103 wrote:

.....at least 30% people i know in China and watching anime agree that the Chinese government have done a correct step in protecting teens being influenced by content that will impact their healthy development, opinion from people ibcluding those who are teenage themselves and all are in serious tone.....

It shouldn't be surprising that some people would find the ban good.

After all, even here on ANN there are many that would love to ban certain anime. Those who think it is perfectly acceptable to restrict what other can watch. Basically taking away from others, because their view is more superior.

So if you can have those people on ANN, it shouldn't be a surprise that some in China have the same thoughts.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Random 21 wrote:
I actually laughed really hard when I saw School Days

Your comment made it into some random article:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/209545/20150609/attack-on-titan-tokyo-ghoul-sword-art-online-anime-series-banned-china.htm
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised. What did make me laugh is the lack of first seasons on here.
Bonham

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I can't be the only one mystified as to how The Skull Man ended up on this list. Talk about the odd duck out.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
This looks more like a list of "anime they watched... and subsequently blacklisted."
Primarch_Rannar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I know this sounds when I say this. I wouldn't if the anime's are getting banned in China, but the fact their banning them globally is just pathetic. It makes me feel frustrated to that a bunch of humans can get away with is just sickening. They have to let others enjoy what they enjoy.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
Primarch_Rannar wrote:

I know this sounds when I say this. I wouldn't if the anime's are getting banned in China, but the fact their banning them globally is just pathetic.

Who's banning what globally? The Illuminati?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
This sounds like the Chinese gov't doing an overload on "thinking of the children".
Papochulo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
0nsen wrote:
Sorry, I've watched Elf wo Karu Mono-tachi (Those who hunt Elves) last year.

I had picked up the DVD set a couple of years back so yes I also seen it more recently.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Black Butler? Why? It's too vaguely homoerotic?

That rich boy with servants troupe probably upsets the commies.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:
This looks more like a list of "anime they watched... and subsequently blacklisted."

Indeed.

Considering the volume of anime and manga (especially) with gore and other unwanted elements the Chinese government should ban several thousand anime titles and tens of thousands of manga. Very Happy This proportion of ban if adequately enforced will only make people watch the numerous similar titles that are not banned. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
R315r4z0r wrote:

Indeed.

Considering the volume of anime and manga (especially) with gore and other unwanted elements the Chinese government should ban several thousand anime titles and tens of thousands of manga. Very Happy

It'd be easier to make a whitelist rather than a blacklist. They could probably count clean anime with just fingers and toes. Laughing
Dragonite88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the rest of the world is doing something similar just because the Chinese have announced what they are doing makes us laugh and question their rule.

What do you think the British Government is trying to do with the ISP monitor scheme. They web as we know it sadly will be like the anime we watch.

Whether it be Psycho Pass or Ghost in the Shell, the way things are moving with strict data limits and the US net neutrality issue popping up plus Amazon, Apple, Google, Hulu, we are all just being told what to watch lol.

I may be wrong or overstating but I have expressed my thoughts and whether it may be right or wrong let China do whatever it pleases.

One way or another the people in China will find away but unlike them we will be purged by the Cooperate Companies interest.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Please read the section about necroposting in Teh Rules.

Locking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7