• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Twitter Users Discuss the 'Absolute Area' of the Ponytail

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
I'm just wondering what the male equivalent is for ZR. I can't think of anything.

And whenever I see overknees I can't help but think of all the ones I've ever tried that just. Won't. Stay. Up. So all I feel is frustration when I see high stockings xD
CG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Next up the hidden 'Absolute Area' between the neck hairline and the collar of the shirt.

Yes as mentioned before, this already exists in Japanese culture, most prominently in how Geisha avoid putting makeup on the nape of their neck.

But I'd like to see this as another demonstration of typical Japanese attention to detail.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote
everapril wrote:
This area is prone to collect dead skin/dandruff. Sexy.

Also the "absolute area" between a short skirt and stockings is difficult to shave because the hair on the inside of the thigh grows in different directions. At least this one makes more sense to me. Ponytails generally mean "I am about to bike a mile/perform surgery/didn't wash my hair today."
Yes, only dirty people or atheletes use ponytails.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
I, for one, think this is hilarious. What won't the Japanese fetishize?

Although, I quite like that hairstyle a lot anyway, so I can definitely sympathize with that part at least.
Sunset In the Hood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Saddest part of this thread is that some western fans think their better than Japanese fans because they talk about anime characters hair Laughing

You guys act like ponytails aren't a fetish already. It's nothing new or weird.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
SnowCentaur wrote:
I'm just wondering what the male equivalent is for ZR. I can't think of anything.

Since ZR is from guys fetishizing, I think there isn't male ZR by definition unless some gays have ideas, like maybe the lower back or the far upper rear thigh near the Speedo line? I don't think girls fetishize guys that way (anyone care to weigh in?). Yes, it is pretty pathetic that some of us don't get to see more of an attractive young woman in real life than these patches of "bare skin". As for the image in this article, this girl must be a slut, as she shows not only leg ZR and the skin on the side of the ponytail, but also the skin of the back of the neck near the root of the ponytail! And let's not forget the ZR below where the collar-bones join...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
That's actually an important question.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
I think it's outstanding. I just want to see some quality discussion and real analysis on the topic.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
SnowCentaur wrote:

When guys are in relatively good shape, they develop indentations in their hips... kinda like two lines that form a "V", traveling all the way down to their crotch.

Sometimes when a dude is wearing really tight, or really low-riding pants, it's super obvious. I've been part of a lot more "oh my gosh, you can totally see his 'sex lines' today!" conversations that I'd like to admit.
ajr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
iathomps wrote:
Well, a new meme on Pixiv is a new meme on Pixiv for artists to experiment with. I guess the keyhole sweater meme has run its course?

for those who are not in the know, a cosplayer tweeted this
https://twitter.com/myakkomyako/status/540485949822468096/photo/1

so now pretty much any anime girl you want has some fanart of her in a turtleneck with a boob window.

Oh, is that how that got started? I remember going on Pixiv and every third picture or so had that sweater, I couldn't figure out where it had come from, haha.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Next up the hidden 'Absolute Area' between the neck hairline and the collar of the shirt.

In all seriousness, I have to admit that I find that area quite alluring... The nape, is what I believe it's called.

Top Gun wrote:
I thought the original concept was dumb enough, but this...I think this is the most colossally stupid thing I've ever heard of.

Yes, yes... We all know you don't like anything the otaku related.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Suddenly I'm reminded of those "how to draw books". Well, if you don't get it right you aren't a true fan.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
SnowCentaur wrote:

It's obviously the sliver of cuffs (and perhaps cufflinks?) that show below the sleeves of our tux/suit coats.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
I don't think girls fetishize guys that way (anyone care to weigh in?)

There are all sorts of aspects of male anatomy that women find attractive and debate over, like hair style and facial hair. There was a whole wave of articles just a week or so ago touting about the positives of the "dadbod" versus the athletic bod. Alternatively, there are reasons people get excited when Chris Hemsworth takes off his shirt.

I think women have a reputation of being less lurid or vocal about the aspects of men we appreciate, but it isn't a representation of what we discuss amongst one another.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4