• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funniest Anime Scenes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Funniest anime for me were Cromartie High School (though sometimes very boring to watch), Great Teacher Onizuka, and Honey and Clover.

Funniest scene though was in Honey and Clover, when spoiler[Mayama is waiting for his phone to ring early on in the series, and he hears the ringtone. He checks his phone, but realizes it's Morita humming it purposefully. Morita prances off into the distance.]

Oh god that was funny, I re-watched that many times and laughed again and again...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode #4 in Rozen Maiden, where Suisei Seki first appears...spoiler[everyone's going to bed, and Jun and Suisei Seki are staring at each other. A tense silence...then, out of the blue, in a priceless tone of voice, Suisei Seki says 'Chibi.' Jun's left in shock, and Suisei Seki suddenly shuts herself in her box.]

You also can't forget episode 3 of GTO, spoiler[when Onizuka introduces himself to his class as their 'Great Teacher Onizuko'.] That guy's got style...
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Master_M2K wrote:

I really loved GTO and that 1st episode was funnier but what was even funnier were the "OH MY CRESTA!" moments. Very Happy

I too loved all those Cresta scenes, she was one of my favorite characters -if you could call a car that- in GTO.

Those who only stuck with the anime have missed Cresta's epic end.

Warning for events that never took place in the anime:

1, 2, 3, 4
mathious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I would have to say all of the instances when kaname beats the crap out of sousuke. Now let's us all take time to remember those instances.

and who could forget these

the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have to add one.

In Haruhi Suzumiya episode 6. After Haruhi comes into the club room to find Mikuru and Kyon spoiler[engaged ina sort of flirtatious game of "Let me see!"], she proceeds to sit Mikuru down and start experimenting with different hairstyles. During this time, Mikuru is frozen and whimpering with fear, all teary eyed. I wanted to pity her, but I just couldn't stop laughing about it! Laughing
Zewerr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Mostly every scene of Cromartie High School always had me busting up. It's the style of comedy I have always loved! Two of my favorite scenes were spoiler[the Japan Boss Championship scene, where they asked the true or false question, and you see the sworm of guys all act confused and head to one answer in a panoramic view of the floor.] I also loved the part where spoiler[Freddy is standing in at the autograph signing for Pootan. And he ends up taking the costume off. Then he signs the autographs as "Freddy" instead of Pootan]

I also loved Bebop in the episode with spoiler[Ed's father, when she jumps off of Bebop and her dad catches her over his head by her ankles.]

With Inuyasha, I always liked Jaken, especially spoiler[his relationship and the conversation he has with Rin.] But I think my favorite scene with him was spoiler[When everyone goes and battles Naraku at Inuyasha's father's grave for the last shard of the jewel. After Shesshomaru punches Inuyasha, then jumps off of the grave to go battle Naraku, you find Jaken had been latched onto Shesshomaru the whole time, and falls off right when Shesshomaru jumps off the grave, giving his usually scream.]

Last edited by Zewerr on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
banas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
Well, most animes have a funny side, like Love Hina.. though it's an everyday occurence, I always laugh when Narusegawa punches Keitaro. And also Alice Academy, the part where Mikan and Natsume were trapped in the haunted house...actually there's a lot...haha...especially when the characters in the animes turn into their chibi forms, that signals a funny part..haha...the filler episodes of Full Metal Panic! are so great! Especially that one where they mistook a solution for a deadly virus...hmm..and many more..also the filler episodes of Naruto, the one where they tried to see what's behind Kakashi's mask...I remembered that episode in Slam Dunk when Hanamichi tried to do a slam dunk but instead hit the other team's captain's head...I was rolling on the floor because of laughing! Haha!...and I'm watching Bleach now, I think that was Bleach 63 or something, the part where Ikkau and Ichigo were fighting if it's correct to say that...oh I forgot, but still-!...Haha! I guess I did not answer your question, sorry, but there's just SO MANY to choose from!
riccardo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
In Nuku Nuku: TV when spoiler[Nuku Nuku constanly gets Shirakabas name wrong, the funniest was when she called her "shishkabab!] also spoiler[when Nuku Nuku stole her favourite noodle bun!]

I like the scene in Orphen when spoiler[he chases Vulkan and Dortin around in the giant tree, and gets really pissed off!]that was funny to me!

One last one, I thought it was funny in Nadesicio when spoiler[Akito runs into Yurika for the first time, and is helping her pack her bag up when he grabs her pants and starts screaming "I'm sorry" oer and over again! maybe it was just Spike Spencvers voice, but that was hilarious!][/b]
vylo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
All that I have seen of Shin Chan has been positively hilarious.

Also another +1 to FMP2 which is full of hilarity.

I enjoy the scene in Air Gear where spoiler[The young sister and Ikki are tripping on shrooms trying to build ATs, and swearing incoherently about it somehow killing people ]

Busou Renkin, while being a subpar Shounen, does a good job of making fun of itself spoiler[ where when Tokiko is saying how she doesn't know her commanders name or face because he keeps it hidden. Muto says it is probably to be cool.

Just after that they meet the captian introducing himself to other people under his obvious surname, and people ask for his real one, which he states is secret "because it is cool".

Later in the series people close to him use his name casually, as if to reinforce the fact that the only reason he kept it secret was to be "cool" and play a cliche Shounen character.

Half the time any of the characters do anything cliche, they are rebuked for it, and it usually at least gets a chuckle out of me, especially due to it sometimes being dropped on you in the middle of a serious scene.

Oh, yes, and the fast food scene is priceless. Papillion gives me nightmares.]

And of course Dokuro chan, mainly for the scene spoiler[ where sakura gets pulled into bed with her. The scene with part of his subconcious punching through his face caught me off guard. It took me a couple minutes to recover from that one. ]
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
Almost any scene from Cromartie High School, the best ones being Pootan episodes and when spoiler[Mechazawa transformed into a motorcycle. Kamiyama was riding him, but he was sitting backwards on him, and he passed that other guy on a motorcycle who was like "What the-!?" ]

Also when spoiler[the old man would appear randomly in the sky, like he's being fondly remembered by the cast or something. ]
mathious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
banas wrote:
Well, most animes have a funny side, like Love Hina.. though it's an everyday occurence, I always laugh when Narusegawa punches Keitaro. And also Alice Academy, the part where Mikan and Natsume were trapped in the haunted house...actually there's a lot...haha...especially when the characters in the animes turn into their chibi forms, that signals a funny part..haha...the filler episodes of Full Metal Panic! are so great! Especially that one where they mistook a solution for a deadly virus...hmm..and many more..also the filler episodes of Naruto, the one where they tried to see what's behind Kakashi's mask...I remembered that episode in Slam Dunk when Hanamichi tried to do a slam dunk but instead hit the other team's captain's head...I was rolling on the floor because of laughing! Haha!...and I'm watching Bleach now, I think that was Bleach 63 or something, the part where Ikkau and Ichigo were fighting if it's correct to say that...oh I forgot, but still-!...Haha! I guess I did not answer your question, sorry, but there's just SO MANY to choose from!

try using spoilers
Zewerr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quote
ANBUx3 wrote:
Almost any scene from Cromartie High School, the best ones being Pootan episodes and when spoiler[Mechazawa transformed into a motorcycle. Kamiyama was riding him, but he was sitting backwards on him, and he passed that other guy on a motorcycle who was like "What the-!?" ]

Oh hell yeah! I was laughing so hard when I first saw that. Hopefully you've watched some Initial D before seeing that for the first time, being that it was a parody of it. It would make it 100x funnier.

That episode inspired me to create a "Mechazawa Motorcycles" shirt from cafepress.com. I'm just waiting for some random person to come up to me and recognize it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
vylo wrote:
All that I have seen of Shin Chan has been positively hilarious.

Also another +1 to FMP2 which is full of hilarity.

I enjoy the scene in Air Gear where spoiler[The young sister and Ikki are tripping on shrooms trying to build ATs, and swearing incoherently about it somehow killing people ]

Busou Renkin, while being a subpar Shounen, does a good job of making fun of itself spoiler[ where when Tokiko is saying how she doesn't know her commanders name or face because he keeps it hidden. Muto says it is probably to be cool.

Just after that they meet the captian introducing himself to other people under his obvious surname, and people ask for his real one, which he states is secret "because it is cool".

Later in the series people close to him use his name casually, as if to reinforce the fact that the only reason he kept it secret was to be "cool" and play a cliche Shounen character.

Half the time any of the characters do anything cliche, they are rebuked for it, and it usually at least gets a chuckle out of me, especially due to it sometimes being dropped on you in the middle of a serious scene.

Oh, yes, and the fast food scene is priceless. Papillion gives me nightmares.]

And of course Dokuro chan, mainly for the scene spoiler[ where sakura gets pulled into bed with her. The scene with part of his subconcious punching through his face caught me off guard. It took me a couple minutes to recover from that one. ]

Oh, God,spoiler[ Freak Burger,] how could I forget!!

Oh, wait--what about that episode in GTO spoiler[where Onizuko has those bowling balls crazy-glued to his hands, so he started acting like he was Doreomon! Then, he smashed them off and became Yoshiro from Fist of the North Star, and actually pulled off the 100-Crack Fist Of The North Star technique! I re-watched the whole episode just to see those scenes again...]
leavemealone88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I was watching Wolf's Rain yesterday and the cop guy (That girls ex-husband(i'm no good with names)) and the crazy wolf hunter guy are in the car, I think, and spoiler[The guy is asleep thinking about his ex-wife and how wonderful things used to be and then she was waking him up all sweetly and he opens his eyes and that crazy old man's face is right infront of him and he jumps back and yells. That was halarious.]
Fallout2man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but probably one of the times I laughed the hardest was when I was watching Fushigi Yuugi a long time ago, it was the episode where they were sneaking in to rescue Tamahome and Chichiri disquised himself as Nakago. When the real Nakago showed up he turned chibi and ran, and I just laughed so hard at how the soldiers said "After that deformed, miniature general!" Even if it probably wasn't the exact same in the original language track, that's one of only two times I've ever seen an anime character acknowledge the existence of Chibi form (the other being Get Backers.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8