• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghoulhatesharem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Hai everyone. If you know me, Im ghoullovesharem from MAL. I've registerd a couple of days.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:43 am Reply with quote
ghoulhatesharem, welcome to A.N.N! I hope that you enjoy yourself.
Zethus_Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Name: Connor Waltman
Sex: Male
Favorite Film: Beetlejuice plus others
Favorite Food: Beef (Hamburger Hash, Steak, etc.), Potatoes (French Fries, Potato Salad, etc.), and Boiled Vegatables.
Dislike: Cheese (I just don't like it. I would eat pizza though.)
Fears: Heights, Insects (especially roaches), Zombies.
Favorite Beverage: Coca-Cola, Sprite, and Water.
Favorite Anime: Gurren Lagann with a lot of others to name.

Last edited by Zethus_Thorne on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Connor!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
You get +10 points Connor for liking Beetlejuice. A classic in my modest opinion. However you lose said points for disliking cheese which was given to us by the god of Mt Olympus. So since you break even no extra surprise gift for you. Sorry mate. Wink
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey! What kind of treatment is that? Give him your usual bag of eccentric gifts!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Hey! What kind of treatment is that? Give him your usual bag of eccentric gifts!

I'll do it simply because I'm a sucker for a pretty lady in a dress. Wink

Give me a second here....gotta move stuff out of the way in front of the closet I put all my mystery bags in. *blows a layer of dust off the container with the mystery bags* Man...I need to clean this closet out more. o_O However, Connor Waltman and ghoulhatesharem you're both in luck. I have 2 bags dusted off and ready to go. Let me see if I can remember how to do this properly. It's been a while so pardon me.

Ahem. Welcome Connor Waltman and ghoulhatesharem to the ANN forums! It's nice to have 2 more lost souls to feed to the baby Cthulhu. As part of your official (unofficial) welcome you each get your very own mystery grab bag of goodies. *Hands them each a brown paper bag* (On a side note I should really upgrade the bags and get with the times) Inside your bags you both will find such treasures as 10 sheets from a roll of camo toilet paper, a single wheel from a skateboard circa 1995, the paper cover insert from the MD Geist original soundtrack, and a piece of only slightly chewed red chili pepper bubble gum. Enjoy your fine gifts and your stay here with us. And don't forget these words of wisdom; "If you love a woman, you shouldn’t be ashamed to show her to your wife."

I still got it. Cool
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Greetings everyone! This is FMABleach's new and improved account that I'm using from now on since the old account was kind of crappy and was made when I was young and immature at times. Now that I'm a (now more mature) adult, I wanted to make a fresh new start as SamuraiNinjaDragon! Very Happy

Real First Name: Josh

Username: SamuraiNinjaDragon (call me SND, Samurai, Ninja, or Dragon for short if you wish)

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Asexual

Marital Status: Single (and proud Razz )

Native Country: USA

Native Language: English

Religion: Agnostic, I was a Christian for many years

Favourite Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, InuYasha, & InuYasha: The Final Act

Favourite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist

Favourite Colours: Blue, green, red, purple, orange, & yellow

Favourite Food: Italian. I want to try Japanese, French, & Canadian food someday.

Favourite Animals: Lions, Tigers, Panthers, Wolves, Bears, & Pandas

Favourite Pets: Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, & Horses

Favorite Countries: Japan, Italy, France, & Canada

Favourite Languages: Japanese, Italian, French, & English

Favourite Dubs: Japanese, Italian, European French, & English

Favourite Types of World Music: Japanese Rock, Japanese Pop, Italian Pop, & French Pop (I also like Eurobeat [Euro-techno-dance] and Country)

Hobbies: Reading books, Reading/learning about different topics (like animals and countries), Learning foreign languages, Reading manga, Watching anime, & Listening to music

And that's all for this HUUUUUUUUUGE post. Razz Sorry for writing so much. I noticed that I had never really made an introduction post on here before so I'm making one now. Very Happy

Last edited by SamuraiNinjaDragon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:40 pm; edited 25 times in total
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
Welcome SamuraiNinjaDragon! And you don't need to apologize. Enjoy your time here.

@Psycho: Thanks Wink
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Smile
KamikazeNoodle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Hey guys just a quick introduction about us.

Gender Male

Who are we?! We are a team of anime freaks and lovers. we are aiming to build the biggest and best legal streaming service on the net and anime social network!

our favourite Anime One Piece, Naruto, Crayon Shin-Chan, Yu-gi-oh and so many more.

so how did we get into anime? like a lot of people we was introduced to anime by channels such as cartoon network and toonami and then that was it we was hooked.

that is why we are doing what we are doing now to bring more legal anime to the shores of the western world in a more fun and interactive way!

catch you later Cool
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Hi there KamikazeNoodle, good luck with your plans.

One question, who many of you make up we? (It would be handy to know how many personalities your avatar on here will have Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Doc Hamme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Greetings, my B-E-A-Utiful friends! Since this is ANN's equivalent to a meet and greet, I figured I'd put out my- you know, I'm just going to end my train of thought there.

My real name is Connor, a single, O-, 20 year old male currently studying literature and education at the University of Connecticut.

I'm Irish-Italian by descent, believe in something beyond, and though I am currently petless, I will take a few shots every now and then. I have an affinity for all forms of entertainment, suit-jackets, and archery, but I cannot abide YouTube comments, cash grabs, or Twitter (despite having two accounts - hypocrisy in action). While it's really hard for me to dislike any Anime, my favorites would be Fullmetal Alchemist, both series; Psycho-Pass season 1; and currently Tokyo Ghoul.

Favorite quotes? Hmmm...
"If you fall, I'll be there." - Floor.
"Remember, it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." - Harper Lee.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Doc Hamme--
Welcome to ANN.
So, have you read Harper Lee's second published novel?
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
Name: William

Sex: yes please

Blood Type: A Positive

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Irish, English, Scottish and French. Mostly Irish and French.

Religion: Christian, but I challenge my own faith a lot. Jesus is my homeboy.

Pets: None at the moment, but I love pets and animals in general. especially dogs.

Drink/Smoke: Drink socially. Never smoked. never will.

Likes: pretty much anything nerdy. Sports, Girls, beer and cars.

Dislikes: People who are full of themselves and scalpers. Also people who can never do anything for themselves.

Favorite anime: Code Geass

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Haven't read any, but thinking about it.

Favorite Books: Guardians of the Flame. Vampire Chronicles (Lestat). 11/22/63.

Favorite game: Final Fantasy 6. Final Fantasy Tactics. GTA V. Forza. Dark Age of Camelot. Halo. Destiny.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Archer. Agents of Shield. Arrow. Flash.

Favorite Drink: 7 and 7 or Stella

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cherry Coke. Tropical Punch cool-Aid. Coffee

Favorite Foods: Seafood

Favorite Sites: Facebook. KissAnime. Crunchyroll. NetFlix. Twitter. CNet. My Fitness Pal. Wikis

Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Auto racing (NASCAR and Drag Racing mostly)

Favorite Sport (to play):
Baseball

Favorite Music: EDM, Rock, 311

Job: Wireless Sales Expert for Wireless Advocates.

Hobbies:
Photography, Building models, Painting, Comic books and action figures collecting.

Fun facts about Will:
Cancer Survivor
Once had a cheat code published in Nintendo Power
Studied abroad in England

Favorite Quote: "The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer" Edward R. murrow

Background info:

I used to really like Anime back when I was in high school. I mostly watched Macross, Patlabor, Gundam, Mazinger, etc. Then other things took interest over that. Mostly girls, sports, comic books, etc. I probably didn't watch anything post Gundam Wing, other than Dragonball Z and some Naruto. Then came college and I didn't watch anything for about 6 years.

Recently I discovered my boss and one of our co-workers were into Anime and we all began chatting and I started binge-watching shows on Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc. I've found myself liking it again.

I'm mostly into Gundam still, but for some reason I've found myself liking Action/Rom/Com kind of shows as well. Just finished Familiar of Zero and people suggested I Watch Toradora? I think that's what they called it. Even though I mostly like bots and action shows, I am a sap at heart and love comedy romance stuff as well.

While google searching various things online I came across this site and decided to give it a go if it can inform me of other shows I might like to watch. I am not picky as far as dub/sub. I do both. So that doesn't deter me. But, I will admit that I am picky about animation styles. I am your typical guy. I like the girls cute and the colors vibrant. Pink/blue hair, etc.

I have a BA in communications with a minor in International Studies and I am looking to get a TESOL certificate with aspirations of one day teaching English in another country, such as Japan... hopefully Japan.

I currently live on the East Coast near Washington D.C.. I am a somewhat recently single dude that doesn't know when or how to grow up. I currently work for a cellular technology company. And I help take care of my ailing mother.

Anything else outside of that can be taken to PM. I am a relatively open book.

Glad to be here. Will probably post sporadically, but hey. Who knows? I might become addicted here as I am finding myself re-addicted to Anime.

*edit*added the index

Last edited by Yamstarch on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 212 of 233