• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Rage of Bahamut Genesis

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
*grabs Studio Mappa by the collar and shakes them*

MORE DAMMIT! YOU GIVE US MORE OR ELSE!!!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
More probably depends on if the game company wants to advertise more, so I'm not sure if it has to entirely rely on disk sales.
DeSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Don't they usually update or change frames on the blue ray releases? So it might be worth picking up to see it a second time.

I found this series to be pretty damn good, with some top notch character design IMO...

I look forward to seeing some of this "cosplayed" at conventions. And i completely agree this could be a gateway series to those on the fence about watching Anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trandraskell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Religion as interpreted by anime rarely makes sense. The more messy and silly it is, the less likely it is to offend people, imho, although I doubt they have that in mind when coming up with the religious pastiche for the show.

What bothers me more is using an actual historical figure, but I guess they felt the name recognition was necessary for Jeanne? Or she's specifically used in the card game?

At least it doesn't throw together historical figures from a myriad of countries and time periods without any explanation. That takes me way out of a show.

All the Characters used in the anime were in the game excepted for the main cast Amelia, Kaiser and Favoro. For the release of the anime they release six cards in the game to everyone that played. That featured the main cast members.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thought the kiss was really weird? I mean earlier on, I would have thought nothing. However, now that it has been established that Amira is essentially a 6 year old, kinda shocked me that they went there.
IKKIsama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Here's to hoping

"Here's hoping" is the correct expression. Razz
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:08 am Reply with quote
@Silvertalon: The kiss was needed to spoiler[lift Favaro's curse. How much romantic feelings were in it, is up to you, but it was also a possible thank you, goodbye - there is more to the kiss] than it seems.
BWLJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:42 am Reply with quote
So, up until the very end there was nothing remarkable about this show. The writing, the characters, everything was just so empty, so shallow. Anything that was unique about this show was just pure surface level (e.g. "oh look skeletons riding dragons, and fish people fighting zombie pirates!"). It was all just flashing lights and no show.

It was like someone just pulled a "generic fantasy" template off the internet, altered a couple of things and called it a day. Sometimes it was a little annoying, other times it was kind of dumb, but it was always just so boring. It wasn't even fun to hate watch.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
@Silvertalon: The kiss was needed to spoiler[lift Favaro's curse. How much romantic feelings were in it, is up to you, but it was also a possible thank you, goodbye - there is more to the kiss] than it seems.

Did she lift the curse? If that was it, then whatever. However, when Fava gets on his horse at the end, he rubs where his tail should be and says Bahamut is alive which I took as implying since he still had his tail, Amira wasn't dead, and therefore neither was Bahamut.

And sure, there can be more than one type of kiss... but that was not a goodbye kiss between friends...
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
BWLJ wrote:
So, up until the very end there was nothing remarkable about this show. The writing, the characters, everything was just so empty, so shallow. Anything that was unique about this show was just pure surface level (e.g. "oh look skeletons riding dragons, and fish people fighting zombie pirates!"). It was all just flashing lights and no show.

It was like someone just pulled a "generic fantasy" template off the internet, altered a couple of things and called it a day. Sometimes it was a little annoying, other times it was kind of dumb, but it was always just so boring. It wasn't even fun to hate watch.

That is extremely fascinating.

I only watched the first six episodes of this show, I really need to finish it. I didn't stop watching because I didn't like it, just because of laziness. It was actually shaping up to be in my top five for the year. I haven't seen Parasyte yet though, and everyone seems to love that. I generally tend to agree with popular opinion (I'm mainstream like that), so I'll probably like that too.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
We have zero knowledge if the curse was lifted or not. Which i like a lot. The anime is at the end an ad so when they need more viral views for the cards(they made some for the anime) we may see them back. All the best heroes have missing limbs. Guts, Ed and now our comedy duo.
I started to like the finale even more when i noticed that Fava lost his leg. It reminded me of bittersweet 80s anime endings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeTenchou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't know what the f*ck happened in that finale, but it was epic, let's hope there's more to come!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
This show and Kokkuri-san have been my two favorites watches of the year. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. : )
paperbox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
This was great, but it should be left alone. The story ended, Favaro saved the world, Bahamut was defeared, blah blah blah. Thats it, it was great because it ended the way it was supposed to, with the "end of the series atmosphere". Maybe one or two OVA in the future, covering the remaining characters.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Overall, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis was a really big surprise, and one well done. Shows what animation studios can do when they actually TRY to adapt mobile games. The show had great action, fun characters, and one hell of an opening (god, I love that music). I don't really know if I want a second season though. The ending wrapped up the series pretty well, and I feel that it should just stay like that. I am wondering about one small thing, however. How was Jeanne let back into the royal guards so easily? After she turned into a demon right in front of the people's eyes, I would think that they would be very suspicious of her. Even if she did explain herself, wouldn't it be hard to convince the people without the gods to back her up?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6