• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
8th Comic Exhibition, 2007 @ Taipei

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Date: August 9-14, 2007
Official website: http://www.ccpa.org.tw/comic/ccpa2007/ (note: website is not compatible with Firefox; browse it with Microsoft Internet Explorer or IE Tab)

A partial guest list has been announced:

Yoshiki Nakamura - story & art, Skip Beat!
Hiro Mashima - story & art, Rave Master, Fairy Tail
Chitose Yagami - story & art, My Platinum Lady
Noboru Yamaguchi - author / screenwriter, Green Green, The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima)
Eiji Usatsuka - illustrator, The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima)
Banri Hidaka - story & art, V. B. Rose
Miwa Ueda - story & art, Peach Girl, Papillon - Hana to Chō
Takako Tokiwa - Cutts, Brave Story
Hiroyuki Yoshino - Yoshimori Sumimura, Kekkaishi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Top Insight has opened a poll for seiyuu they'll invite this August. "Spectacular" is not enough to describe the list:

Quote:
1. 朴璐美 鋼之鍊金術師/愛德華‧愛力克 NANA/大崎娜娜 死神/日番谷冬獅郎
2. 置鮎龍太郎 網球王子/手塚國光 鋼之鍊金術師/斯卡 驅魔少年/理巴
3. 櫻井孝宏 驅魔少年/神田 七彩的素描/上倉浩樹 魔法少年賈修/高嶺清麿
4. 三木真一郎 神奇寶貝/小次郎 頭文字D/藤原拓海 遙遠時空~八葉抄~/源賴久
5. 小林沙苗 驅魔少年/亞連‧沃克 草莓100%/北大路 少年陰陽師/藤原彰子
6. 水樹奈々 鋼之鍊金術師/拉斯多 草莓100%/南戶唯 烘焙王/霧崎
7. 子安武人 頭文字D/高橋涼介 植木的法則/李崩 鋼彈SEED/穆
8. 豊口めぐみ 草莓100%/西野官 驅魔少年/米蘭達 鋼之鍊金術師/溫莉‧洛克貝爾
9. 關智一 頭文字D/高橋啓介 鋼彈SEED/伊薩克 NANA/寺島伸夫
10. 皆川純子 網球王子/越前龍馬 真珠美人魚/米凱爾 少年陰陽師/玄武
11. 保志総一朗 鋼彈SEED/煌‧大和 網球王子/日向岳人 閃靈二人組/風鳥院花月
12. 能登麻美子 草莓100%/東城綾 七彩的素描/君影百合奈 Keroro軍曹/摩亞
13. 林原めぐみ 神奇寶貝/武藏 名偵探柯南/灰原哀 新世紀福音戰士/綾波零
14. 田中理惠 鋼彈SEED/拉克絲 家庭教師Reborn!/碧安琪 Chobits/唧
15. 石田彰 鋼彈SEED/阿斯蘭‧薩拉 NANA/岡崎真一 鬼眼狂刀/猿飛佐助

For those who can't read kanji, here's the translation of names (without roles):

Quote:
1. Romi Paku
2. Ryotaro Okiayu
3. Takahiro Sakurai
4. Shinichiro Miki
5. Sanae Kobayashi
6. Nana Mizuki
7. Takehito Koyasu
8. Megumi Toyoguchi
9. Tomokazu Seki
10. Junko Minagawa
11. Souichiro Hoshi
12. Mamiko Noto
13. Megumi Hayashibara
14. Rie Tanaka
15. Akira Ishida

Please allow my head to spin for a while. Anime dazed

Any one of them would be an exiting news for any anime fan, and traditionally Top Insight invites at least two seiyuu every August, most likely to have voiced the same title. Personally I voted for Ichigo 100% girls (Noto Kawaiiyo Noto in particular, Tony), but I'd like to witness how the place will look and smell like if Souichiro Hoshi x Akira Ishida (i.e. Kira x Athrun) visit... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Tony, please cry with me if you are reading this thread. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
1 朴璐美 4439票
2 石田彰 3220票
3 保志総一朗 3152票
4 櫻井孝宏 3016票
5 皆川純子 2931票
6 置鮎龍太郎 2916票
7 小林沙苗 2870票
8 子安武人 2787票
9 豊口めぐみ 2744票
10 林原めぐみ 2741票
11 田中理惠 2652票
12 關智一 2628票
13 水樹奈々 2587票
14 能登麻美子 2429票
15 三木真一郎 2394票

Last of female seiyuu... how could this happen?!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Is it all going to be press conference style again? Any chance you can get one-on-one interviews with any of these people?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Update: more guests confirmed.

Natsumi Ouchi - story & art, Aozora Pop

Kotomi Aoki - story & art, Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru. I've heard that Ever Glory tried to invite her as early as two years ago. With the live-action movie adapted from her manga being premiered in Taiwan I'd say this would draw more attention.

Zac wrote:
Is it all going to be press conference style again? Any chance you can get one-on-one interviews with any of these people?

Most of the time, mainstream media wouldn't bother for such a chance (their reporters often have no idea of what the honor guest has created/performed), so licensors that invited those guests seldom arrange exclusive interviews (my interview with Katsumi Kawaguchi on PA#89 was VERY coincidental and lucky). On the other hand, there's only one anime/manga-reporting magazine plus a radio show, so if you find one or more guest(s) really interesting I might be able to have such a chance, but I can't make any guarantee. After all, ANN is not very well-known here. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Top Insight has opened a poll for seiyuu they'll invite this August.

The poll result has been updated, and a new poll (romaji included) is being held for the first nine seiyuu of the last poll. It looks like a tug-of-war between Fullmetal Alchemist fans and Gundam Seed / Destiny fans now.

(Both fandoms are fujoshi in nature)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Bloody Hell -- Tongli has confirmed that Takeshi Obata (Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Blue Dragon RalΩGrado) will come to Taiwan this August! Shocked Expect the crowd to set a new record of attendance for this heavyweight manga-ka. While his works are very popular, I'm not that familiar with them personally. Care to give me a few questions you'd like to ask?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Bloody Hell -- Tongli has confirmed that Takeshi Obata (Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Blue Dragon RalΩGrado) will come to Taiwan this August! Shocked Expect the crowd to set a new record of attendance for this heavyweight manga-ka. While his works are very popular, I'm not that familiar with them personally. Care to give me a few questions you'd like to ask?

- What made you to decide to take on Death Note?
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Ask Obata why he swiped the features of the Invisible Woman and Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four movie for two of the agents in Death Note. Rolling Eyes Also, is his art in general inspired by Devil Man?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

I take it that's the actual creator of Deathnote right? If so I bet you're right about attendance, shoot I'd say any attendance anywhere would set limits if he went. I wish we had some nice mangaish type comic conventions here. Don't get me wrong, I go to the Baltimore Comic Con every year but having a manga/foreign specific comic/manga/graphic novel convention would be awesome here. (unless there already is one and I don't know about it, it would probably be in California anyway Sad )
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
psycho: Actually, it's the illustrator. Tsugumi Ohba is the creator. And apparently, no one knows if the author is a he/she, either.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Two new guests added:

Rei Kaibara, novelist, Ginban Kaleidoscope
Shota Asuka, novelist, Hatsukoi Magical Blitz
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The final result of Top-Insight's "poll" has been announced: not one, not two, but THREE seiyuu to be invited:

Romi Park, as Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist; as Nana Osaki, NANA. Hmm, ANN didn't cover her visit at AX 2006? Rolling Eyes

Sanae Kobayashi, as Satsuki Kitaouji, Ichigo 100%; as Allen Walker, D.Gray-man.

Megumi Toyoguchi, as Tsukasa Nishino, Ichigo 100%; as Miranda Lotto, D.Gray-man.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote
dormcat: Oh, yeah. Another question for 0bata. Is Light inspired by Malcolm McDowell's character in A Clockwork Orange?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2