• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP to Launch New Tsubasa Manga Series in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
I didn’t mean that characters should lose their motivation, but that they may go through the whole thing and learn something. To take Utena as an example. She would, in all probability, help Anthy, but I am positive that she would act differently.

It has been a while since I saw TRC, so I have forgotten the stuff about Fei Wong. As for the clones, my problem is not that it was not hinted, though I don’t remember any hints in the story that Sakura is a clone. I only remember that fans speculated that she is also a clone, because Syaoran is, but whatever. I may have forgotten them, as I was never invested in her. My problem is that there is too much creations, clones, alternative versions etc. It quickly gets boring to see the same trick repeated.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
Going off topic, seeing all this talk makes me think of Spider-Man. If you want to see some bad stories involving clones, the 90's Spider-Man is the place to go! Laughing
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
^I was thinking the same thing! Spider-Man's infamous clone saga or DC's Crises on Infinite Earths. At least American Superhero comics have the excuse of multiple writers over decades for their convoluted continuity. What's CLAMP's excuse?

(I never read Tsubasa, so I have no idea how convoluted it is. I've read a bit of Card Captor Sakura and Holic, and it saddens me that their characters get dragged into a big plot mess by their creators).
castabellagrace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm so pshyced for TRC to start up again. I've always loved cardcaptors and I appreciate that Clamp developed further in Sakura and Syaorans relationship showing them as older figures. Even though the events that happen in their relationship are repetitive and totally played out, I always feel reassured watching them in the anime and reading the manga. Embarassed Very Happy
sherri-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
YAY MORE SYAORAN...! Very Happy

...but this means more headache from the TRC series. The only reason why I didn't throw my whole set of TRC manga out the door is because I love Syaoran and the art is pretty, and the first half of the series was worth rereading. I still ended up buying the whole set for the sake of completeness because I started collecting back in 2005 or something.

spoiler[The moment when they said the clones were Syaoran's parents was the moment that I almost picked up my laptop and chucked it out of the window. It was very obvious in the beginning that there are two Syaorans and I loved the idea back then, but later on with other clones and what not it just...] totally ruined the whole series for me and even ruined my impression of CCS Syaoran and Sakura.
meronichan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:24 am Reply with quote
Do not want.
Considering I didn't care for Tsubasa nor XXXHolic, this news is disheartening. My nostalgia-love for this group is wearing pretty thin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4