• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Best Dressed Male Anime Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Ichigo make it. Love or hate Kubo's story-telling, the man draws very fashionable clothing! Thanks to this, Bleach has some of the best chapter-title pages.

Funny, I watch a lot of card game anime, but haven't really played any card games. I collected some, though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Really impressed that American Jump fans are embracing 'Kill so soon. It's a bit more hardcore sci-fi than they usually get here. Or is it just 'cus they like Obata's art?
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I suppose you wouldn't count Koi Koi (with Hanafuda cards) as an anime-related card game, even after Summer Wars.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I've always collected the cards for the artwork. Never really played any of the games themselves.

Glad to see Stealth Symphony at least earned some votes. I really like what I've read so far and an anime adaptation of it would be awesome.
SuperDuperDog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Oda and Kubo really have a sense for fashion. Never seem to be afraid of any color and/or shape in their art.

They make me want to draw a comic just to have an excuse to try and do chapter break pages like them.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I always liked the fashion in Bleach as well. Say what you will about the story after the Soul Society Arc, but the art's always been pretty good, and Kubo definitely has an eye for fashion. I'm also surprised Black Butler and Pandora Hearts weren't mentioned.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I am just a card collector when it comes to card games, guess I am one of the minority then.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
I think Kuranosuke from Princess Jellyfish belongs on there. He chooses his own clothes, wears them in everyday situations, and looks fabulous as both a boy and a girl.

I second Kuranosuke! I want his closet so bad! Whether dressing in men's or women's clothing he always looks impeccable.

Some of the choices surprised me a bit, but this is a good list! I quit caring about Bleach a long time ago, but whenever I happen across color art from it I'm always struck by how fashionable the characters are! You wouldn't expect it from a shounen series, but Kubo has great taste in street clothes.
Spark_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
here-and-faraway wrote:
I think Kuranosuke from Princess Jellyfish belongs on there. He chooses his own clothes, wears them in everyday situations, and looks fabulous as both a boy and a girl.

I second Kuranosuke! I want his closet so bad! Whether dressing in men's or women's clothing he always looks impeccable.

Yes. I just started reading that manga and holy crap I want to steal ALL of his outfits, men's and women's.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember whether I voted for All you need is kill or Shokugeki no Souma, but I am happy to see them both near the top.
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
+1 for Kaneda, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see Bleach on here, given that it's one of a few shows where many of the characters routinely wear different clothes from day to day. Like JoJo, the creator clearly is has a strong interest in fashion.
BooktapC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I watch a lot of fashion stuff on style and fashion. What Not To Wear and even Project Runway. Have to say Ichigo's got pretty good fashion sense. I do like Bleach since the animation is beyond good and dabble in all types of anime and even more so the less mainstream ones and must say he does have some good outfits.

I always wanted to know if others thought that Ichigo may be interested in fashion since it seemed like he loved to dress in interesting outfits that worked: missed a lot of casual with very nice use of cardigans and hoodies and even sometimes formal styled pants. He even went for a nice shade of shirts that stood out. I don't think it is a surprise he popped up as one of the 7 Best dressed.

Last edited by BooktapC on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Kaneda's look is iconic yes, but definitely not best dressed to me. This is an okay list. I do agree, though, that Kubo has a great sense of fashion!
immortal1982

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
as a note to last weeks poll Kochikame did have a series that ran almost 400 episodes plus two movies.
unused

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
This list should be full just with characters drawn by Takeshi Obata-sensei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3