• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail's English Grimoire Heart Dub Cast Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I hate fairy tail so much...but I must hear chuck huber as bluenote.
Eri94

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
How can you hate Fairy Tail? It's such a feel good show.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Eri94 wrote:
kanechin wrote:
How can you hate Fairy Tail? It's such a feel good show.

Funny, because FT fails on that.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmm the show is kinda lack luster, very watered down compared to what the Manga is. Although the music is solid and it definitely has it's moments, I'm just hoping they put some real effort into the series when it picks back up, lazy animation and weird filler hurts the show so much ><
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
...so many actors whom I haven't heard of. Since I'm not a big FT fan I guess it is the best place for them to "cut their teeth" but on the other hand since FT is so popular I believe that it might be best served with a dub that is the "best of the best"; part of the reason that I'm not a real FT fan is that I haven't cared for any of the dub.
kirac91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
The only thing that makes the show worth watching is todd haberkorn and happy but aside from lame fillers its a pretty decent show.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
kirac91 wrote:
The only thing that makes the show worth watching is todd haberkorn and happy but aside from lame fillers its a pretty decent show.

I don't know why people keep bringing fillers up. In its original 175 episodes, less than 40 were fillers. There was the one filler arc with Lucy's fake cousing etc. and then a handful of stand-alone comedy fillers, and that's it. Compared to other long-running shonen series, that's a pretty impressive number
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
kirac91 wrote:

I don't know why people keep bringing fillers up. In its original 175 episodes, less than 40 were fillers. There was the one filler arc with Lucy's fake cousing etc. and then a handful of stand-alone comedy fillers, and that's it. Compared to other long-running shonen series, that's a pretty impressive number
The filler was lame, though, regardless of its filler ep count vs other shounen.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
It was pretty terrible, indeed, but people talk about it as if horrible fillers had ruined the whole show when it was just ONE arc that had no repercussion in the story whatsoever
immblueversion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
It was pretty terrible, indeed, but people talk about it as if horrible fillers had ruined the whole show when it was just ONE arc that had no repercussion in the story whatsoever

Plus it's not like it was awfully awful. I kind of liked Lucy's cousin for as long as she was around, and I thought the idea of Fairy Tail meeting Earth-land versions of Edolas characters and a rearranged Oracion Seis was pretty neat. spoiler[At least before the Oracion Seis came back in the manga, so their anime reappearance sort of lost its impact with me.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1