• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Movie Tickets, Theater List Now Open to Public

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I saw it already, of course I loved it, but I can see where all the mixed opinions are coming from for this one.....half loved it, half hated it for any number of reasons that Delta just said along with others that specific people just hate (this is really vague but I'm trying to say it without saying anything about the movie). But for me it was pretty good. I'm gonna go see it again today at 6 at the IMAX.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Jamee

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
The nearest theatre for me is 100 miles away. Crying or Very sad

Even if you aren't into Naruto you should see an anime movie in the theatre if you have the chance because they are such rare events. The only anime I've gotten to see in theatres was Spirited Away and, ugh, the first Pokemon movie (wtf was I thinking!). I wanted to see Howl's Moving Castle but it didn't come here. It didn't even come to Miami! I checked because I was visiting at the time.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I am not a comic book fan, I never got into reading comics but I really did enjoy Spider Man and the sequel. The problem with Spiderman 3 is how the movie is really all over the place. It's a beautiful movie but there are scenes that are shot just like a myspace photo. Then there are a few scenes that are meant to softer and extremely sad....yet the entire audience was laughing. But main problem is balance, the film tries to make you laugh, cry and be wowed (by the action) but it just doesn't come off right. All I will say is that Bruce Campbell really steals the movie with his short cameo. The film is worth a rent (considering going to the movies cost more then $10) just so your friends can get together and laugh at it.....P.S. before you see the movie I would suggest watching this episode of South Park....it will make Spiderman all that more funny to watch. Great action scene yes, terrible plot and I've never seen so much Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad crying in a movie, and worse off most of the time you just don't care about who is crying or over what.

Well, I guess it's all about personal tastes, seeing as how I absolutely LOVED it!!! I mean, I thought it was a very touching and emotional movie that sent a very good message in the end, while at the same time being quite exciting action wise. In fact personally, I thought it was better than the first two, although there were things it didn't do as well as the first two did. I personally didn't care if they tried to stuff too much into it. In fact, I thought it was a better movie for doing that.

About Naruto, I'm actually having problems finding this list of theaters that are showing it, so I don't know if it's playing near me. But if it is, as much as I did enjoy the movie, it really is more of a movie I'd rather just buy on DVD then see in theaters. Now if they made a movie about the actual storyline of Naruto, now hat would be one worth seeing in theaters!
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Jamee wrote:
Even if you aren't into Naruto you should see an anime movie in the theatre if you have the chance because they are such rare events.

It's playing 10 minutes away from me which is rare for any anime title that doesn't have the word 'Pokemon' in the title. I'm not into Naruto and I honestly don't know if I'll make the show, I'm gonna try but it is in the middle of the week, however in either case I did buy a ticket. Now that might not make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but in the end ticket sales are what are counted before people decide what will be shown in movie theatres so that's my little contribution to the 'I'd like to see an anime movie on the big screen, please' movement.
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I saw the trailer for Naruto when I went to see Spiderman 3. I was shocked!

I'm even more shocked to see it's playing at a local theater! Yay!

And I thought Spiderman 3 was the best of the series. *shrug* I'm vainly hoping that spoiler[Venom will return in one form or another.]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
ANBUx3 wrote:
And I thought Spiderman 3 was the best of the series. *shrug* I'm vainly hoping that spoiler[Venom will return in one form or another.]

I think that he/it spoiler[will return seeing as how a piece is still with the doctor and it's going to probably go into the carnage tale from here. ] I just wonder who's is going to play Peter/Mary Jane considering how much Tobey and Kristen didn't want to do this flick, did anyone see them promoting this film it's like they weren't even excited about and more happy about their contracts being fulfilled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2