• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Speed Racer Rights Revert to Tatsunoko With Lawsuit Settled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 am Reply with quote
I don't mind which format it'll be on, I'll buy the Japanese version of Mach Go Go Go when it does become distributed in America rather than just the English version thats been widely avalible for eons.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quote
In the hands of Tatsuonko Productions that just means to me that it isn't to be available anymore not that i care since i have the Anime and Manga,
But if they say someone has to go through Tatsuonko again to get it that just means that Speed racer isn't to be in the west anymore unless someone else licenses it which may not ever happen.
they where in there right but i hate when things aren't available anymore that's also a way not to make money.
And how about the TV right's it is the most repeated anime on American tv right that might despair now.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
TonyTonyChopper wrote:
In the hands of Tatsuonko Productions that just means to me that it isn't to be available anymore not that i care since i have the Anime and Manga,
But if they say someone has to go through Tatsuonko again to get it that just means that Speed racer isn't to be in the west anymore unless someone else licenses it which may not ever happen.
they where in there right but i hate when things aren't available anymore that's also a way not to make money.
And how about the TV right's it is the most repeated anime on American tv right that might despair now.

This is total nonsense. There is no proof whatsoever that Tatsunoko won't be willing to provide the license in a meaningful way. I am sure that they are aware of the fact that Speed Racer has a major following in the U.S. and I am sure that they can negotiate proper terms with the next licensee that isn't named Speed Racer Enterprises.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
[quote="EricJ"]
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I still remember when Carl Macek tried to sell us Speed in the 90's, for his whole message of "Anime's not just Speed Racer anymore!...Well, okay, you do pop-nostalgically remember Speed Racer don't you? It's sorta like that."

Still in all fairness, "The Speed Racer Show" wasn't that bad given the presentation alone though some would question the need for "Colonel Bleep".
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
The English dub was campy but there were moments that did make me laugh either due to the dialoge or the situation. I never get bored from watching it, specially when it had a cool line up of villians.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Funimation should by the rights to the English dub from Tatsunoko and rerelease the entire series on DVD or Blu-ray.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Funimation should by the rights to the English dub from Tatsunoko and rerelease the entire series on DVD or Blu-ray.

If anyone buys it, it'll be Sentai Filmworks, not FUNimation. Sentai has a special arrangement going on with Tatsunoko right now, so it would make the most sense going to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2