• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Alice 19th ( Do you think it should be adapted to an Anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
mmmmm......I guess Alice 19th was'nt popular enough to be animated, because there are those exceptions where a certain Manga from that same author is'nt quite popular enough to get an anime adaption or a season 2 of that certain anime.

and Alice 19th is quite old and could just be on a hitias slump kind of like when the anime version of fruits basket never got a proper season 2 after only 26 episodes with the Manga way ahead of the Anime. Confused
perkyrainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
anime version of fruits basket never got a proper season 2 after only 26 episodes with the Manga way ahead of the Anime.

The manga was ahead of the anime? Confused I was told that they had the ending they did because the anime was ahead of the manga and they had to wrap the anime up. Never knew that....
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

I'd also love to see Imadoki! animated too, for that matter. We need more Watase anime.

Definetly! I'd love to see an Imadoki adaptation. I thought Alice 19th was only Watase manga you could really realistically relate too. I think it would make a nice 13 or even 26 episode series. Junichi Sato could probably direct this series really well. (But doesn't he always direct series well?)
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

I'd also love to see Imadoki! animated too, for that matter. We need more Watase anime.

Definetly! I'd love to see an Imadoki adaptation. I thought Alice 19th was only Watase manga you could really realistically relate too. I think it would make a nice 13 or even 26 episode series. Junichi Sato could probably direct this series really well. (But doesn't he always direct series well?)
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-manga.php?top50=popular

Lookie there. Those are the top 50 manga titles but almost all of them have an anime associated with them except Alice 19th. Not fair! *pouts*

Out of the Top 50 manga only three, THREE!!! do not have an anime movie, TV series or OVA associated with it. Alice 19th, as mentioned it one, the other two are Yotsuba&! and Blade of the Immortal. Three out of 50. Amazing!

Who dropped the ball on making an Alice anime. He/She needs to be hit with a paper fan or something!
aya_honda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote
The manga is wonderful, unquestionably and I think that even if people didn't want to make an anime series based on it, they at least could have done some OAV's. Of course, probably then, we would have complained that they have done only this and not some anime series as well ( Shocked ), but at least it would be different from the point where we stand now: namely, nowhere. It is sad that some of the good stories just don't become anime series. And Alice 19th could have been such a wonderful anime.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
perkyrainbow wrote:
Quote:
anime version of fruits basket never got a proper season 2 after only 26 episodes with the Manga way ahead of the Anime.

The manga was ahead of the anime? Confused I was told that they had the ending they did because the anime was ahead of the manga and they had to wrap the anime up. Never knew that....

No, the anime only had 26 episodes to work with (episode counts are usually determined before a series even begins production) so it ended. They couldn't do more (39 episodes would be the next step) because there wasn't enough manga to adapt and the series still wouldn't have gotten a proper ending as the manga is STILL ongoing.

Anime never gets ahead the manga it is adapting. It can catch up with the manga and there simply won't be enough for them to animate more, so they will either end, make filler episodes until there is enough to animate more (and this is only for the popular superlong series like Naruto or Bleach), or go a different direction than the manga (like FullMetal Alchemist).
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quote
i do. it was a great story
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Torhu_San

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I could get into an Alice 19th anime. Perhaps if they added some filler epidoes. I don't know, IMO, there was character development lacking in this story. Imadoki was much shorter, but I felt I knew the characters better. I think Imadoki would make a nice 13 or 26 episode anime.
dragoness_crysta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
That would be nice...they did the same with Ayashi No Ceres and the result was awesome though as not as good as the manga...
They should definitely try it!
Celes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I am jumping on the bandwagon for people who would love to see this come out animated.

First of all, I think it would be gorgeous, just because Yuu Watase did a really nice job with the characters in this series and I also think the Lotis Words would have really cool magical animated sequences...

But also, the story was excellent, I read this right after Ceres and Fushigi Yugi and I think it is one of her best series. It would be perfect as a 26 episode season, and we could hopefully have more background episodes on Billy and the Chinese Lotis Master (unfortunately I forget her name right now and I don't have the manga with me to look at it). I kind of feel like they were just thrown into the manga and weren't given too much of a story.

Also, Chris is a total badass and needs to be animated.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Alice 19th was the first Watase Yuu series I actually really enjoyed. I didn't like Ceres until about the fourth volume, and I hadn't read Fushigi Yuugi at the time. But I still think Alice is her best series. It's not nearly as cliche and formulaic as the rest of her works. Also, Alice is a very, very different heroine than Aya, Miaka, and Tanpopo.

As a younger sister myself, in a similar situation with my own older sister, Alice 19th was a series that really struck home with me. Most heroines aren't younger siblings. And if they are, they usually have an older brother, not an older sister. To see a series from the younger sibling's eyes is an nice breath of fresh air. Not to mention that the series had a wonderful theme and lesson to be learned from it. So, I DEFINITELY wish that it were animated.

Although, I'd have to say that I think 13 episodes would be perfect. I think the series was amazing as it is, and doesn't need filler episodes or anything. And if you don't think that would be long enough, take a look at Saikano. 7 volume manga series adapted into a 13 episode anime that left out absolutely nothing. And is one of the best anime and manga ever made, as well as a near perfect adaptation. I think you might be surprised what can be accomplished in 13 episodes. That is about 6 hours of story.
Pessimistic Angel

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
While I too, liked Alice 19 (one of the few recent Watase Yuu stuff I liked) I just don't think it ever had a chance in Japan to get animated. The manga was too short and much of the storyline and characters were already visited in other works... Still I think I would have liked to have seen a 13-episode Series (if Ultra Maniac could be stretched to go for 26 episode, Alice could surely be a 13 eps)

As for Imadoki... I think that one just don't have the stuff to be animated... but then, what do I know?
Da Games Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
Anything Yuu Watase touches seems to turn to gold. Alice 19 I just began reading, and I'm annoyed there isn't an adaption...a friend of mine had read alot more of it, and loves it. She introduced me to it, and I enjoyed volume one alot. But, unfortunatly, I get the feeling the next Fushigi Yuugi will be released before Alice, if Alice gets an adaption. Being a Fushigi Yuugi fan, I'm not too upset about it. Razz
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
Da Games Elite wrote:
Anything Yuu Watase touches seems to turn to gold. Alice 19 I just began reading, and I'm annoyed there isn't an adaption...a friend of mine had read alot more of it, and loves it. She introduced me to it, and I enjoyed volume one alot. But, unfortunatly, I get the feeling the next Fushigi Yuugi will be released before Alice, if Alice gets an adaption. Being a Fushigi Yuugi fan, I'm not too upset about it. Razz

You know, Speaking of that,Fushigi Yuugi was my First Yuu Watase Title I have ever saw,of course most peoples first Yuu Watase title would be Fushigi Yuugi during most peoples early Anime days, Very Happy

but anyway, it's a shame this never got an anime adaption(which deserves one), an anime adaption would be perfect for making good quality Rommance/Drama AMV's because Alice seno does suffer alot and she's quite different from Miaka Yuki. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3