• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Gets New Arc-V TV Anime Next Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:17 am Reply with quote
Oh god, not another one of these! How many more Yu-Gi-Oh spinoffs are we going to get here!? Anime dazed
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
Stop beating the dead horse already! Jesus Christ!
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
You want to get good viewing figures? Do something with the original cast for once -.- I have no interest in any of the spin-off series and none of them have been worth watching imo.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I swear to god if they make another broken kind of monster card... Synchro's messed the game up enough, and xyz whatevers just completely destroyed it. You have decks that essentially use half their deck in one turn now; one card allows you to get a card from your deck, which you can discard to special summon, which you use to xyz, and you detach a material to send a card to the grave, which allows you to special summon another blah blah blah. I miss back when Yugi just had a cool combo or two each game and just summoning a card in defense position and setting a trap card face down was a perfectly good play.

See I can tell you haven't played the game since 2004 and or are just crying for the sake of change because I used to be like you. "Well these Synchro's break the game and are too OP blah blah blah". The thing is, the days of simply grabbing whatever random card that looks cool and building a deck are long, long gone.

That does not, however, mean that it destroyed the game, it made the game much, MUCH, faster paced, but it's still doing just fine. In fact I'd almost say that synchros and 5D's dramatically helped the game, because it helped bring cards from vanilla that nobody cared about back into the game and gave them a purpose. All of a sudden a card like Grateful Coffin, which nobody understood pre-gx and hero fusions, is a must have in certain synchro decks.

If you want to try for yourself, I suggest google searching for the game "YGOPro, DevPro" and downloading it. It's free, has tons of support and is a lot of fun.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
Hmm, aslong as they don't add some crazy new V Monster mechanic and focus solely on that.
Hopefully it'll equally focus on Fusions, Rituals, Xyz, Synchros, and Main Deck monsters.

Aww, who am I kidding? Get ready for a new Extra Deck monster type...
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Hmm, aslong as they don't add some crazy new V Monster mechanic and focus solely on that.
Hopefully it'll equally focus on Fusions, Rituals, Xyz, Synchros, and Main Deck monsters.

As if XYZ monsters weren't bad enough.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
flackenstien wrote:

As if XYZ monsters weren't bad enough.

They weren't.
Xyz were a pretty cool addition that filled a void that YGO was missing, (powerful Extra Deck monsters that non-Synchro/Fusion decks could use), it made alot of older archetypes more viable.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
Konami Exec: "Alright, guys. We had a whole school dedicated to card games, people playing them on motorcycles, and playing them in space. How do we out-stupid that?"
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
While I'd certainly love a female protagonist, I think the writers should first work on writing good female characters in general before trying to base a series around them. Because their track record is pretty shitty so far.
ScarRedTiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Was never big on ZeXal, was HUGE into 5D's, so i'm looking forward to this.

I like the design of this protag. Older than Yuma and his middleschooler hyperactivity, caped uniform, goggles, tomato color hair. Somewhere between Phi-Brain and digimon with some color thrown in.

Not disappointed it isnt a female protag, target audience of little boys and all that. Just give me more awesome ladies like Mai, and Aki, and Alexis, and Cannon-Chick. (And DONT sideline them into damsel roles down the line.)
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I'd settle for the rival character being female.
Omnicrom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully it's as good as anything in 5D's and anything after the first small handful of episodes in ZeXal.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I hope this one is more like 5D's than Zexal.

I personally liked the humorous vibe of GX (until the later seasons that is)
4KidsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
YGO: Zexal is apparently going on a holiday break on Vortexx as no new episode is airing next week. That's a shame because the show is far behind from the Japan airings as it is, and with the new YGO around the corner and Konami likely prepping to dub it sometime time next year I think Vortexx is better off just airing out Zexal with no breaks. I am too worried of getting another incomplete YGO dub here and putting it on hiatus will just slow things up even more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2