• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can anyone help me with a translation question?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ngara_Venteel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
In the Jauary issue of Newtype Japan, there is an article titled Story maker 2006. In said article a few titles are mentioned. I can't read kanji however so this is kind of tough. On page 26 (if anyone else has it) is a very pretty anime. I can't figure out what it is. I believe this to be the title...彩雲國物語. I also have a picture of a cd cover...I think.

I am looking for the title, artist, or a place where I can find info on this title. If anyone knows what it is please help. Thanks bunches.
Strengr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi there,
I believe it's by Mad House animation, headed by Masao Maruyama.

Near as I can make it out, the title is something along the line of a "tale of the rainbow nation"
And from what I can find out, the heroin of the story is the girl, centres around her interaction with the king who runs a very peaceful country, but has horrible social skills...

Hope this helps.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
彩雲国物語 reads Saiunkoku monogatari, or "Legend of the Country of Glowing Clouds".

- abunai

Last edited by abunai on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm Reply with quote
It's Saiunkoku Monogatari, a female-oriented fantasy light novel written by Sai Yukino, illustrated by Kairi Yura, and published by Kadokawa Shoten as one of Beans Bunko light novels. Its popularity (Reader's Choice, 1st Beans Novel Award) has made it into anime -- to be broadcasted by NHK this April.

Strengr, "saiun" means "colorful cloud" (maybe rainbow colored, maybe not), not "rainbow" itself.

EDIT: Dang, abu-yan, you posted it a few seconds before I did! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ngara_Venteel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks bunches! You guys rock!
Strengr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
cool, thanks for the corrections.

thought I take a stab at it...

Japanese translation by Chinese Canadian = crap.

Smile
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Strengr wrote:
cool, thanks for the corrections.

thought I take a stab at it...

Japanese translation by Chinese Canadian = crap.

Smile

Don't sell yourself short -- I think you made an admirable showing.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cerulean88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
...Its popularity (Reader's Choice, 1st Beans Novel Award) has made it into anime -- to be broadcasted by NHK this April.

just want to mention that the one they're broadcasting this month is the second season =)
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks like you already know what you're looking for, but I can't help but talk about it after I just finished the first season.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised about it - I didn't want to watch it at first because I thought it was a Fushigi Yuugi copycat (their clothes are so similar, as well as the number of bishonens keep saying "Fushigi Yuugi" to me). It turned out to be really great, and it is also quite funny.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Is this the show?

anime#6200

looks every interesting, if it comes out in North America I'll definatly buy it
Eruanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
That is, as has been stated already, Saiunkoku Monogatari, and it happens to be one of my favourites Very Happy
But to be more accurate, the image you posted is not from the anime, but from one of the novels that it is based on. The novels run in a Josei magazine. The artwork from the novels is alot different then the artwork from the anime.
There is speculation that it might be liscenced soon, rumors floating around and whatnot. If it ever does get liscenced I will defonatly be buying it.
A second season is supposed to start soon, too.
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:

I thought it was already on, since according to Wikipedia, there have already been 39 episodes that have been shown. So 13 episodes from the second season have already been shown. Laughing
Eruanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
Eruanna wrote:

I thought it was already on, since according to Wikipedia, there have already been 39 episodes that have been shown. So 13 episodes from the second season have already been shown. Laughing

Thats probably accurate. The only info I get are the random bits of rumor that come floating my way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1