• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kite: Liberator

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Is it my understanding by what Umezu says here that it will not be hentai material?
Sun King

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't read Japanese, so I'll talk your word on that. But I don't think Kite would suffer at all story-wise by not including any hentai, in fact it'll probably sell alot better in America.
Momoko_Yumi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Is this the sequal of "Kite"? I know Kite and if it is in the same way it will have much violence and also some sex scenes.
It's an adult movie...so what on. But I don't think that there is too much hentai in it. The first "Kite" Movie has much more violence than hentai in it and I think the second will go the same way.
If it is the sequal I'm very interessted in it, because the first movie has an really open end.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Is it my understanding by what Umezu says here that it will not be hentai material?

No, it will not be hentai/adult. Look at the lower left corner of the splash page.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The obvious

Damn it, but even the column confirms it.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
So WHAT if it's not a hentai title anymore, can you imagine all the possibilties they can come up with to substitute that cliche battle monster scene, where there's more left to be desired. Speculations, speculations... One thing I hope we can count on in the increase in budget so we can be awe'd by the CGI animation and 3D surround sound. Especially on a 47" LCD TV with 7.1 Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed Mezzo better than Mezzo Forte. The H scenes in the OVA seemed a bit too jarring too me. The darker nature of the spoiler[ guards rape scene ]clashed with the light hearted aspects of the series. Kite has less of a clash in it's hentai scenes considering the darker nature of the OVA, but I'm still convinced that the OVA doesn't rely on it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Well to me both Mezzo Forte and Mezzo were pretty good, Mezzo Forte was a damn good hentai and it would've been good without the H-scenes, same with Kite (which I first saw it without the H-scenes) so a series based off of it could be nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1