• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Town Where You Live (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
This was a trainwreck anime...

I mean, the decisions that Haruto made and the way Asuka was hurt. Ugh. Rin is my favorite character from the series so glad to see her more in the finale. Otherwise, I rated this as weak. There are 2 more OVAs still that were announced....hmm, I do wonder if they will be decent enough at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
Haruto seems to be the only true sucker in this anime.
Eba was stringing him along from day one.
He did the same to Asuka who didn't deserve it.
Rin was the meddling type that just stirred up trouble..
At least the emotions were very realistically done.
Don't think I've watched such an emotional anime since Ef - A tale of memories.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quote
I rated this show So-So. The story wasn't very original, which isn't a big deal - but somehow the execution wasn't very good either. I didn't care about the characters very much and the story seemed rushed.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this wasn't the best adaption. I didn't like how they missed minor details that added to the story. Since I am biased, I will give this a Good.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I feel like Haruto is making a huge mistake here, but at the same time, I cant really care that much. There just seemed to be a lack of any real character development, so I have no reason to get attached to anyone. And why is Rin so damn determined to spoiler[get Haruto and Yuzuki together]? wasn't she completely against the idea at the start of the show? I'm giving this a Decent
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Well, ultimately I think this series spoiler[just falls flat. In my opinion the chief cause of this is bad execution and pacing. The series should have actually been spread across two seasons to allow for more story and better character development. I think the pacing is terrible, especially in the second half, and because of this Haruto's relationship with Asuka, and Asuka herself, is not given enough screentime to be legitimized in my opinion. Thus when Haruto dumps her for Yuzuki in this episode, it doesn't have the emotional impact it should have because we hardly saw them together as a couple doing things couples do. I also didn't like how the flashbacks kept jarringly interrupting the present day storyline.] I would say it's worth giving a "Good" rating, since I enjoyed watching it for the most part. It started out excellently, it's such a shame it couldn't maintain that. Sad
Vurjuaana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
In my opinion this anime was great.
Negative aura, which it gives, makes it good because it makes audience to think and tests your empathy. Whoever liked this should also watch "Myself Yourself" and "School Days".

Actually i have little question as fan of classical music. In episode 10, where Haruto gave Eba necklace on the bridge, you could hear very nice melody in backround.

Does anyone know whats the name or author of that fine piece of classical music?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6