• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More Tenchi Muyo?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobafettBH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
If anyone has watched the Latest DVD for Tenchi Muyo im sure you agree with me when in the last episode they cut it off and leave you hanging, would anyone agree that they should finish off the series at least? or maybe one more movie?
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
FYI, the movies don't add anything to the story of the OVAs. They're basically filler.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Kajishima did mention way before he started GXP and the third OVA that there was a possibility of a forth OVA. It all depended on how popular the third was received. I have yet to see either GXP or the third OVA, but it is to be released here in the UK soon. Seeing some of the reviews for OVA III, I'm not holding my breath for a forth OVA.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I believe there was a continuation of that first season... somewhere. I remember seeing one episode of that continuation during my visit to AX 2005...

I don't know what happened with that by the way.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Kajishima created a wholly involving masterpiece with the 3rd OAV that really starts bringing the characters into focus, taking the fantasy adventure elements of the franchise (that the novels had centered around) to the fore.

The only reason the 4th OAV is on hold is because Kajishima is right now working on another side project in his universe that will focus on Tenchi's 1/2 brother (his father's wife Rea's son) called "Saint Knight's Tale".

Also, it's important to keep in mind that Dual! Parallel Adventure is also linked into the Tenchi OAV canon through Tenchi Muyo GXP, so looking into that series is actually quite important as well.
BobafettBH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
i heard of Saints Knight but i haven't heard much about it, ill definently look into it, and as for a 4th OVA id love to see it but i dunno if its gonna happen, but only time will tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1