• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Wanna Be the Strongest in the World' Female Wrestling Anime's Ad Aired

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:34 am Reply with quote
But you see ikc you - of all people - are spectacularly unqualified to judge what should or should not precipitate a reaction. My personal pet peeve is people who make a judgment about a show based on their own bias as opposed to actual knowledge. I know you well enough to know that would irk you as well - if it was a non-fanservice show. But because in this instance it falls within one of your own biases, you're totally cool with it. That's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that you are in no position to be preaching to others. Ergo, your hypocrisy.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
Anime World Order wrote:
But that's certainly not what the largest amount of people would have in mind when they think of the term.

Just to address this point because it seems like a very strange presumption. Perhaps it might have been true a couple decades ago, but I don't agree nor do I think most other people who've seen wrestling on TV do either. Just like when I hear about men's pro-wrestling or even just the term "wrestling", I do not think of the olympic sport, the first thing I think of when I hear female pro-wrestling is something like the videos I linked at the start of the thread, which has been that way for a good long while now.. basically, something like this anime show.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Let's keep personal conflicts to private channels so the rest of us can be spared the squabbling and actually discuss the topic at hand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7